GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Install Sub Woofers in Chevy Colorado Crew Cab

I want to install either two 12" or three 10" subs in my truck but I have no idea how to do this. I have the '06 Crew Cab but I still cannot fathom how they would fit without a custom job. I want to keep my back seats vacant for passengers and not spend a lot of money on a custom subwoofer installation. Has anyone got any ideas?

-Adro

Here are some speakers made by Blaupunkt that I've heard some good things about. They come in 10" and 12" and only have a 2.2" mounting depth. They should sound pretty good as well.

http://www.blaupunktusa.com/Blaupunk...rive/Subwoofer

Should be able to find a good set of speakers out there just about anywhere, just don't be afraid to get some good quality ones.
    Some people call me the space cowboy ... some people don't.

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Just picked it up
    2007 Chevy Colorado Just traded her in!

I'm trying to get 2 8" bazooka bass tubes under my seats, i'm gona try rasing the back seat 2 inches to get the clearance i need if it works i'll post some pics on here and tell you guys how it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by VIrtualboy2k2
    I'm trying to get 2 8" bazooka bass tubes under my seats, i'm gona try rasing the back seat 2 inches to get the clearance i need if it works i'll post some pics on here and tell you guys how it worked.
    I agree with virtualboy2k2
    thats what im doing to the homies truck since im doing his interior with Katzkin leather so he wanted 2 - 12inch sub so the way to go is lift the bottom back seat 2 inches and build the box somewhat under the seats....

How are you rasing the back seats, i have some ideas in mind, just wanted to see how you were doing it.

Thanks

The best thing I have seen that would fit your need is the JL audio 10W1v2. It has a mounting depth of 4.34" and the 12W1v2 sits at 5". It is 150W@4ohms. A friend of mine that works for a local audio shop says they do pretty well. I think those are the most economical choice coming in at around $100 per. I don't remember off hand what the available space is but I believe that it is around 5" with out raising the seat. However, I'm not sure. Good luck.

i have one jl audip 12' wo sub and a jl audio 500/1 amp in my reg cab truck, ran by an in dash dvd player. sounds great. For pics go to www.myspace.com/bybystrack!

Quote Originally Posted by Bystrack2006
    i have one jl audip 12' wo sub and a jl audio 500/1 amp in my reg cab truck, ran by an in dash dvd player. sounds great. For pics go to www.myspace.com/bybystrack!
    Nice. I don't see a pic of that though.

what do you need, just box, or box subs and amp? and let me know how much yopu want to pay for your setup.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by