GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default RE: pile o crap Colorado

tell you the truth all i have for stickers in the driver door are one for the original tire size for the truck and another which is a transport canada sticker. after looking through all my paperwork associated i would have to conclude that it was a canadian made vehicle, although i'm really not 100 percent sure.

Legend

Default RE: pile o crap Colorado

It is hard to believe you had that many problems and still have the truck.
    Leases suck. The vehicle isn't going anywhere until the lease is up. If he tries to buy it out, he'll pay too much for it. If he tries to trade in early, he'll still owe whatever's left until the lease's end date, plus the new lease payment. If he throws a fit, and decides to not pay because of those issues, the truck will be repo-ed, and he'll still owe the difference of what they get at auction, and what's left at the end of the lease, plus he's get's an ugly mark on credit.

Leases are bad news, they only benefit the dealer.

Sounds like you got the vehicle that was put together by second shift after their dinner break, on Friday. Hope GM comes around, and tries to help you out.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Default Re: RE: pile o crap Colorado

[quote="TrailLeadr"]
    Leases are bad news, they only benefit the dealer.

Sounds like you got the vehicle that was put together by second shift after their dinner break, on Friday. Hope GM comes around, and tries to help you out.
    Could have been built on a Monday or a Friday.

And donít bitch to much about the second shift. I worked it for years.

No matter when the vehicle was made, (started), It takes 3 days and nights to finish the build process.

So chances are it was made on one of those days. At least one part of it was.

Never and I mean NEVER buy the first vehicle of a model run. They make the most mistakes the first year.

Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesnít.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

15 year GM assembly line worker.

Default RE: Re: RE: pile o crap Colorado

hopefully i will hear something from the dealer on monday.I've already contacted gm to start this process.AS it stand now through I would still owe a little over $10000 pm the lease. Told the dealer that there is no way in hell that I was going to take a soaking on this unsafe vehicle. If I have to keep it for another year it would be very reconizable as there would be 60 or so lemons plastered all over the vehicle. Everyone would know the deal. Everyone would be welcome to the story if they so desired about this crap and hopefully it will cost lounsbury's and gm customers.

Label for the plant of origin will be on the door itself at eye level. Not on the door jamb.

First did you check out the recall site for anything other than recalls?

I know you have had trouble with this truck, but I really would like to know just who built it?

America, Mexico, or Canada?

You said that you had a Carfax report that said it was made in the USA but then that it was made in Canada.

Just goes to show you just how good the Idiot Net is.

First check the Defect Investigations on your truck.

Then check the Service Bulletins on your truck.

Donít be so quick to judge GM by just one truck.

But do get as much evidence as you can find before you try to get your money back on this one.

Some things can be just the dealers fault to. They charge GM for all warranty work.

Just donít want you to go off half cocked at GM an then get screwed. You need to get evidence of all the work done on this truck and if it was done on others.

Good luck

See a Pattern yet?

Every manufacturer has lemons. It used to be one out of every 1000 cars was a total lemon. Now it's something like one out of every 7500 cars is a lemon. Cars like the Cadillac and the Lexus have virtually none, while cars with lower price points have more. Car manufactures are businesses that need to make a profit and run their operations efficiently with as low an overhead as possible.

Looks like this vehicle could have been one of the magic lemons, the problem comes with the lemon law legislation and the situation with it being a lease. While leases may be good in some circumstances, the legal ownership issue leaves you without some weight.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I really dont want anyone to get me wrong here. I had success with other gm products in the past both new and used (72 firebird,79formula firebird,93 corsica) and yes i realize that both they are a company that in the business of making a profit but when one of these vehicles do come around you would have to figure that somewhere down the line you should cut your losses and at lease try to somewhat keep that one in a thousand customer happy because in the long run you would make more from that customer from return car sales and recommendations from that customer.GM knows that these vehicles are out there even if the numbers are small.If these problems were not of a safety issue i really would not be complaining about this so much but when the abs goes off in the middle of summer on dry roads, sends the brake peddle to the floor with no pressure and your going for a ride COME ON. I have three kids and this is primary mode of transport.

If the truck was made in the States or Canada by union workers it should have the label you see in this picture just above the tire label.

Now if it was made in Mexico it won't have any.

See a Pattern yet?

I've searched and the only stickers in the driver door or the two i mentioned earlier. I did a vin search and it was manufactured in the usa. my vin starts : 1gcot

Legend

And donít bitch to much about the second shift. I worked it for years.
    I was actually referring to a conversation we had some time back about the dinner habits of some of the employees on second shift. typically either had a liquid lunch, or had a few puffs of illegal substance. Just kind of rolled up all the bad. Nothing against second shift in particular, but 2nd, and 3rd shifts are the shifts that quality will tend to slack on rather than first shift, when all the upper management is around to watch over production.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast