GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Custom Dual Exhaust

Im looking into getting dual side-exit exhaust on my 05 Silverado 1500. Rather than spending $500 for a cat-back system I was thinking of buying just a Flowmaster or Magnaflow muffler and getting a shop to custom bend the pipes. When I look online for a muffler I can only find single-in/single-out. I was wondering if I could get one of these mufflers and a shop could still bend the pipes or if I need to find a single-in/dual-out muffler and run each pipe seperate. If so, does anyone know of a good place where I can find what I need.

Have you tried actually going to a muffler shop and getting a quote from them for everything (including the price of the muffler). I went to a small muffler shop and they charged me $350 total for everything including the pipe, single in/dual out flowmaster 40 series, chrome tips and labor/install.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    Have you tried actually going to a muffler shop and getting a quote from them for everything (including the price of the muffler). I went to a small muffler shop and they charged me $350 total for everything including the pipe, single in/dual out flowmaster 40 series, chrome tips and labor/install.
    +1 in my town! $330 for flowmaster single in dual out 3" pipe tips labor

just cut ur exhaust off and run a dump add a muffler if u cant handle the loudness
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    just cut ur exhaust off and run a dump add a muffler if u cant handle the loudness
    Totally cheaper to just dump it. I paid a muffler shop $50 to cut off my stock muffler and weld on two super 44's then dump... I bought the mufflers seperate...
    2001 Silverado 1500HD
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    1987 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    I got true duals with flowmasters for $400 and i mean true duals from the manifold back and out both sides.