GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default right side turn signal won't flash, fast ticking sound...

Hi everyone, I'm the new guy...

First, I apologize if this has been addressed before elsewhere. I'm new to the site and couldn't find a "search" window anywhere.

I've replaced the bulb, that's not it. Brake light works, no turn signal and I get a fast clicking when I try to use it. Not a fuse, but the fuse that runs that runs other stuff too, and nothing is sketchy but that ONE side...

I've not changed anything, istalled anything..other than just having done plugs and wires to fix a 55 mph "leaping-pulsing-sputtering" issue....

I'm a DJ in a nightclub, and don't need THAT SIGNAL to be what gets me pulled over coming home at 4 am...lol

1993 Suburban 4X4 350 if that matters.

Thanks in advance! I'm a member of a similar motorcycle site and I've learned SO MUCH about working on my bike.....looking forward to that here as well -

TJ

I'm not 100% on this but it might be the falsher capacitor if that is what its still called. It is a metal cylinder that controls the power to the flashers. This is seperate from the fuses and can be found under the dash board. Its about the size of an old 35 mm film canister (remember the black thing with the grey lid). They are easy to swap - replace it with a heavy duty one.
    I hope this helps.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

right on...I know what that is. I've been reading since I posted this, and that seems to be the concensus.....I'll let you know brother, and thanks for the reply!

tjk

The "fast" clicking is a built-in indicator of a failed bulb. Check to see if you are getting power back to the bulb. The stoplight is on a separate circuit, so a working stoplight is not a good indicator of power getting back to the signal element of the bulb. Is the fast clicking on the left or right signal?
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

right side.....I know that that brake light, turn signal and seems like something else are 3 separate bulbs...you have one electrical plug to what I guess amounts to a circuit board of sorts, and the 3 bulbs are independent of each other.

you have to remove the entire unit, then unscrew some stuff just to change bulbs....what a pain in the @zz....lmao

T.

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    The "fast" clicking is a built-in indicator of a failed bulb. Check to see if you are getting power back to the bulb. The stoplight is on a separate circuit, so a working stoplight is not a good indicator of power getting back to the signal element of the bulb. Is the fast clicking on the left or right signal?
    x2 on that, was that way with my mom's chevrolet van and with my truck, the bulb was out

falsher capacitor
    ashes to ashes dust to dust:slap:

chevy tahoe 08 LT with sunroof
    cd changer leather seat ,20"wheels
    chrome full set 5.3 V8 back sensores
    4x2 fog lamps and full tint

I actually JUST had this happen to me. Changed the flasher and it ended up being a bad bulb. There should be three different bulbs and the blinker itself is the second one down.

2005 Silverado
    1500 Ext. Cab
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    Black black black

right..changed to brand new bulbs before you guys ever heard of me....lol

going for flasher now.....will let you guys know -

t.

you'd better, just kidding

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by