GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Largest tire on stock rim

Hey guys,

I have a 97 silverado 1500. I plan on puttin on a 3" body lift, with the bumper brackets and full wheel well skirts to hide the kit.

My question is what is the biggest/widest tire I can fit on the stock 16" rim. Dont really feel like spending extra cash on a set of rims.

Thanks
    Austyn

I had a 3" body lift on my Yukon with the torsion keys turned up up a bit and ran 285/75's with no issues. I did try to put my buddies 305's on and they rubbed real bad. Hopes this helps.
    1997 Chevy K3500
    4x4 X-Cab Dually
    454 Dual Exhaust

Could I no get spacers to move the rim out a bit? I would want 315s because you Can't get 305's in 33's as far as i know (305,70,16 right?)

Thanks guys

I am not sure how big of a tire with the use of spacers. I am not a big fan of them and have never used them. To get a little more lift you may want to look into a level kit with the torsion keys and blocks, then you can gain more tire clearance.

With a 3" body lift i should be able to clear 33's. I Dont want anything bigger, in my opinion the stock 350 cant push anything bigger. Truck would turn into a total dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Austyn_7 View Post
    With a 3" body lift i should be able to clear 33's. I Dont want anything bigger, in my opinion the stock 350 cant push anything bigger. Truck would turn into a total dog.
    I agree with you 100% but some people feel a stock 350 can push 44's all day long. I wouldn't do it but what do I know! lol!!

I will call a tire company tomorrow and make sure. I may just have to get different rims

I have 35's (315/75/16) on the stock wheel. But I have a 6 inch lift. Some tire places (discounttire) wont warranty the tire or mount but not sure on the mounting. I have mine rotated there but thats what the guy said since the wheel is only 6.5" and its supposed to be on a 8-10" wheel. sayse it will wear down faster which is why they wont warranty.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member