GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Cylinder Head Problems

I have an '06 TB with less than 10K miles. It developed an oil leak and the dealership suspected it was an intake/valve cover gasket. After pulling the intake manifold, they found oil on the intake ports and said it needs a NEW head.

They said the metal is pourous and there is a TSB out on them leaking. Sounds rather serious for an engine with such low mileage.

Anyone else having the same experience?

Thanks in advance,
    Sprint

Legend

Default RE: Cylinder Head Problems

Sounds like it's a design or production run flaw, and apparently gm recognizes it, if there is a tsb for it. I suspect we'll see more on that in the future. Definately have it done right away while it's covered.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

As an update to the faulty head saga...the GOOD News, after a week in the shop, the new head came in. The BAD news, it has no valves, springs etc. Now those are on RUSH order and it is expected to take another 10 days to arrive.

I called GM to voice my disappointment the whole mess and got Spanish version of phone instructions. Had to wait until they were done to get the English version of the same. Go Figure! When a person finally came on the phone, they spoke broken English (sounded like they were in India) and all he could do is "document" the complaint.

With such outstanding service and quality control, they are sure to regain some of the Market Share they are loosing. NOT!

Sorry to say...after thirty+ years of loyalty and financial support, GM has lost me too.

Sprint

Default Dump new and buy used!

It seems like a real shame to shell out $30k+ for a Chevy and get Yugo quality support. I mean when I owned a Triumph and they told me the part was on order.....from England.....it was something I just expected. But a Chevy? Of course I'm plenty happy to own and drive older Detroit iron. Shelling out 8 - 10 grand for used, leaves plenty of room in my budget to drop a couple of grand for repairs without wincing. Besides paid for car seems to drive just a little bit better than any of the cars I made payments on.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Default RE: Dump new and buy used!

Sorry to hear what you've been going to. When I called I usually ask for level 2 support right away and that's always in the states (for computer repair, car, DSL, whatever) ... If it's under warranty are they giving you a rental car? I got a rental when they did my taillights and weatherseal on my rear license place cover.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today