Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-01-2009, 01:19 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
Fixed Bad Ignition Switch
It was the ignition switch. $40 at Advance Auto Parts store. Took me 15 min to replace. It was real easy. The only glitch I had was when I put the new one in it wouldnít start it. I noticed the key didnít turn back to the run position after trying to start it. I adjusted the gear on it and tried again. It fired right up. Thank you to al that replied. I was trying to look for instructions on how to replaced it and couldnít find any. So here is the steps that I took to replace it...
1) Remove the 6 screws that hold the dash under the steering wheel.
2) Pry about the covering around the steering column. The adjustment lever for the height of the steering wheel pops off. Look right below the ignition. You will see the electronic switch.
3) Pull the defective switch out and unplug the pigtail.
4) Reinsert the pigtail into the new switch and reinsert it into the column.
5) Try to start it. If your turn doesn't bounce back from the start position pull the switch back out and turn the gear on the top part one click. Reinsert and try again. Keep turning it one click till it will start the vehicle and you have all modes( Acc, Run, Start.)
6) Reassemble everything.
Hope this helps somebody. Its not hard to do if you know how to use a nut driver. Thatís the only tool I needed to do it.2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2L auto (100k miles)
2000 VW Jetta 2.0 5speed (98k miles) wifes car
By irenaios in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-11-2010, 12:09 PM
By jadeezra in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-01-2010, 05:33 PM
By DAREDEVIL in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-26-2010, 07:15 PM
By brutin in forum Chevy C/K Truck ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 01-27-2009, 07:48 PM
By Steve in forum Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)Replies: 0Last Post: 06-29-2007, 07:26 AM
Tags for this Thread