GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2009 Silverado - Bumper corner w/ fog light upgrade?

I bought a 2009 silverado lt, it has the color matched painted front bumper corner covers, but doesn't have fog lights. I found a seller on ebay that sells OEM corners w/ the fog lights. The corners come in smooth black and can be painted to match your vehicle. has anyone here swapped theirs out to add the corners/fog lights that didn't come stock with their truck? Like with the DIC panel switch, does anyone know if they left the wire harness to add the lights if you want (plug & play)? I have looked at many pictures of 2009 silverado w/ fog lights and couldn't find a pic of the actualy switch inside the truck that turns them on, any help?

Ebay link to bumper corners w/ lights incase anyone else was thinking about upgrading theirs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

The front corners on my truck look like this:

With the OEM kit, they will look like this w/ fog lights

So, has anyone did this upgrade that can offer me any advice?

thanks,
    Chris.
    Chris W.

2009 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab 4x4 LT 4.8l V8

Aftermarket:
    ✔Line-X |✔DIC |✔Color Matched Vent Visors |✔Color Matched Mirror Covers |✔Color Matched BugShield |✔Color Matched Door Handles |✔6" GM Chrome Step Bars| ✔DL3 Signal Mirrors |✔GM Fog Light Kit |✔Viper 5701 |✔Rear Wheel Liners |✔Mud Flaps |✔2" Leveling Kit | 20% Tint

yeah got almost same truck with the fog lights already installed. there is a button under my reg light switch that i just push in everytime i want to turn the fog lights on. they do make a difference in back woods area or dark roads. def would upgrade.

I'm going to be dong this to my truck soon as well. If you haven't already purchased the kit you linked, you can get color-matched kits that come with all the wiring harnesses and buttons from various GM parts websites/dealerships.

Here's the part numbers for all the different colors:
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Che.../Silverado/Fog Lamps/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm
    (copy&paste the link)
    Graystone 19170439
    Dark Blue 19170440
    Black 19170441
    Blue Granite 19170442
    summit White 19170443
    Silver Birch 19170444
    Victory Red 19170445
    The kit comes in a big box with two smaller boxes inside:

Box 1: One of the painted bumper extensions that houses the fog light. (I opened this first and was worried that this was all that was in the other box too, but no worries!)
    Box 2: The other bumper extension, both complete fog light assemblies, the new headlight switch that has the fog light button below the interior dimmer knob, the wiring harness that goes from the lights to the fuse box under the hood (inside is already done except for the switch, and the fuse and relay are already installed under the hood), a couple of mounting braces for the new extensions because of the additional weight from the light assemblies, a bag of hardware and zip ties, and directions for the kit that are actually very good. I plan on documenting this with pics when I put it in so stay tuned....
    The kit comes with a new harness that ties into a common ground, both fog lights and one single power wire that goes to the junction block. Remove the fuse/junction block cover on the drivers fender, flip the two gray handles upright and simply pull straight up. The junction block and all the relays and fuses lifts straight off. Extremely simple. this exposes the half dozen multi pin connectors that plug into the bottom of the junction block. One of these connectors ( front inboard gray IIRC) needs to be wiggled loose and then have the position assurance locks slid out so you can slide the pre terminated wire into the correct hole. then you just slide the connector back into its slot, and gently press the junction block back down into its position, you know its home when the gray levers lock back down. After this is done you will have one more tiny black wire loom running out of the front of the block, it traces down towards the front drivers frame horn where it ties into the from core support.

the rest of the harness includes rosebud clips that replace the ones that go into the core support where the rubber baffle is attached. there should be 5 of them, 2 on the sides of the core support, 3 across the front of it.

As far as finished assembly, it looks absolutely identical to a Z71 or LTZ with factory lamps. The caps, lamps, bulbs everything is exactly how it comes on a truck that came equipped from the factory.

this being said, the new headlamp switch that comes with the kit is a simple plug and play. If you have done the DIC upgrade, you already know how to do this, you just have to do it again. When the foglamp button is pressed, the lamp even illuminates on the dash! Just like it was meant to have fog lamps!!
    The thread where I got that info: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...ic=77941&st=90
    2008 Blue Granite W/T
    ✔ Line-X
    ✔ Leveling Kit
    ✔ K&N Air Filter
    ✔ Bed Rail Caps
    ✔ 265/70R18 Michelin LTX M/S2
    ✔ All 4 Infinity Kappa Speakers
    ✔ Sound Ordnance B-8PT Powered Sub
    ✔ JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 Head Unit + GMOS

Quote Originally Posted by daweinah View Post
    I'm going to be dong this to my truck soon as well. If you haven't already purchased the kit you linked, you can get color-matched kits that come with all the wiring harnesses and buttons from various GM parts websites/dealerships.

Here's the part numbers for all the different colors:
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Che.../Silverado/Fog Lamps/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm
    (copy&paste the link)

The thread where I got that info: http://www.gm - trucks/forums/index....ic=77941&st=90

Thanks, I actually found that thread too. BTW if you want to save yourself about $100 bucks, get the kit on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT) or order through gm parts direct, but they charge like $50+ for shipping. Either way, its still better than dealer pricing.

-Chris.
    Chris W.

2009 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab 4x4 LT 4.8l V8

Aftermarket:
    ✔Line-X |✔DIC |✔Color Matched Vent Visors |✔Color Matched Mirror Covers |✔Color Matched BugShield |✔Color Matched Door Handles |✔6" GM Chrome Step Bars| ✔DL3 Signal Mirrors |✔GM Fog Light Kit |✔Viper 5701 |✔Rear Wheel Liners |✔Mud Flaps |✔2" Leveling Kit | 20% Tint