GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Which tire wheel combo? Best way to de-badge?

I have an 08' crew cab. I have a ready lift 2.5" front leveling kit that is not installed yet. I want to run 18" with 33/12.5's on a m/t tire. I would like some help or pics! I will be getting chrome wheels as thats the selling point for the wife.He he. I dont know what kind of offset or backspacing to look for. My other question is I want to de-mold and de-badge my truck. What is the best way to take them off? I also have had the truck for 2 years and I'am kinda worried if the will leave outlines with the badges removed? The truck had the protective sealant from the dealer...I know waste of money.I will wax and buff the truck after I he remove the badges. Any help with these two projects would be great!! My truck is the blue granite color. Thanks "The New Guy"

I assume you're talking about my front bowtie. I took a heat gun (hair dryer will work as well) and heated it up, used a small metal pick tool to get in behind the gold emblem and it will eventually pull off. Heat up the glue and the silver stuff underneath of it, pull it off, and clean it up.

3M adhesive removal spray and some fishing line will debadge great.
    ROTARYENGINEPETE
    '07 GMC SIERRA SLT | Z71 | 4X4 | 5.3L FF

LIFT:
    ROUGH COUNTRY 3" PREMIUM SUSPENSION LIFT + ADD-A-LEAF
    18" ATX THUG WHEELS
    33" NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER TIRES
    EBC SPORT ROTORS
    EBC YELLOW STUFF BRAKE PADS
    LIGHTING:
    HELLA/VVME 4300K HID LOW BEAMS

HELLA BLACK MAGIC OFFROAD LIGHTS
    ANZO USA PROJECTORS HEADLIGHTS
    ANZO USA LED TAIL LIGHTS
    ENGINE:
    K&N 63 SERIES INTAKE
    MAGNAFLOW CATBACK D.O.S.I.F.T. EXHAUST
    BULLYDOG TRIPLE DOG GT TUNER

PULSTAR IGNITORS
    OPTIMA RED TOP
    DRIVETRAIN:
    YUKON 4.56 GEARS
    MAG-HYTEC DIFF COVER
    CORVETTE SERVO
    TRANSGO SHIFT KIT
    Z-PACK 3-4 CLUTCH
    REBUILT WARN XFER CASE
    BODY:
    RUNCOOL HOOD LOUVERS
    FULL WEATHERTECH VISORS/BUGSHIELDS
    DUPONT BEDLINER

DEEZEE BLACK DIAMOND PLATE BED CAPS
    BULLDOG LOCKING SPORT FUEL DOOR
    DOOR MOLDINGS REMOVED
    CUSTOM WIRE MESH GRILL
    BUSHWACKER BOSS FENDER FLARES
    CB THRU GLASS RADIO ANTENNA

5.5sec 0-60mph on pavement (5.2sec running E85), and a little less in 3 feet of muddy water

Default lots of tricks if you search

There a lot of ways to get the badges of... dental floss a hot air gun uses sparingly and some 3m adhesive remover...

Take your time, they come off pretty easy all but the front bowtie and thats easy to get off and paint also...

im running close to 33's with the 285's on 18's

Urban Tactical Design
    2008 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    -Tint
    -Debadged
    -Custom Grill Insert
    -Nerf Bars Steps
    -Leer Canopy with Thule Racks 100XL
    -285 65 18's
    -Incubus"Recoil" Wheels18x9
    -Tuff Country 2 inch Level Lift
    -Weather Tech Molded Mud Guards
    -Thule MOAB Basket (painted)
    -Reverse Lights mounted rear of steps (55w)
    -Garmin GPS (Portable)
    -Flo-Pro Exhaust 40 series
    Winter Set
    265 70 17's on stock z71 wheels painted xtreme liner black

Perfect! I will get the 3m remover and do it soon! Thanks for the imput. So the 285/75/18 are close to 33/12.5's?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhats5 View Post
    I have an 08' crew cab. I have a ready lift 2.5" front leveling kit that is not installed yet. I want to run 18" with 33/12.5's on a m/t tire. I would like some help or pics! I will be getting chrome wheels as thats the selling point for the wife.He he. I dont know what kind of offset or backspacing to look for. My other question is I want to de-mold and de-badge my truck. What is the best way to take them off? I also have had the truck for 2 years and I'am kinda worried if the will leave outlines with the badges removed? The truck had the protective sealant from the dealer...I know waste of money.I will wax and buff the truck after I he remove the badges. Any help with these two projects would be great!! My truck is the blue granite color. Thanks "The New Guy"
    I also have an 08 crew cab with a ready lift leveling kit. Heres a couple pics of my 33x12.50x18 wheel/tire combo.
    Last edited by Shorty 71; 03-09-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

Thats exactly the stance I want! Do they only rub at max turn? So you only have the alluminum spacer in the front strut correct? Whats that combo cost $2100-$2400 for wheels and tires? How are the for noise? Not really an issue just wondering. Thabks again Adam

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhats5 View Post
    Thats exactly the stance I want! Do they only rub at max turn? So you only have the alluminum spacer in the front strut correct? Whats that combo cost $2100-$2400 for wheels and tires? How are the for noise? Not really an issue just wondering. Thabks again Adam
    They do rub alittle at max turn on the passenger side but no big deal, yes i only have the strut spacer, and that wheel tire combo was around $2400. I thought they would be noisier than they are. For the money the leveling kit gives you a good stance and tuffens the look of the truck. Just do it

i've got a similar set up, but its on a rough country 3" suspension lift. i get minimal rubbing when the wheels are turned all the way. 285 (32.75") nitto trail grapplers on 18" atx thugs.
    Last edited by rotaryenginepete; 01-20-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rotaryenginepete View Post
    i've got a similar set up, but its on a rough country 3" suspension lift. i get minimal rubbing when the wheels are turned all the way. 285 (32.75") nitto trail grapplers on 18" atx thugs.
    Truck looks killer!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by