GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Hey guys, newbie here asking for a little help

I purchased a 2000 silverado 4wd extended cab truck that had a flat utility body on the back. I was told and assumed it was a shortbed truck. The measurement from wheel center to wheel center is 158" (or so), is this a shortbed or longbed? Thanks, ....Jerry

I dont know off hand but a quick search of gm wheelbase should have that in a sec.

99 tahoe 2 dr. 4x4 7.4 4L80-e NP246, SAS, dana 60 hp, sterling 10.5 rear, gibson headers, and alot of tricks of the trade !!!!!!IF YOU'RE NOT CHEATING YOUR NOT TRYING!!!!!!!!

Looks like it is a long bed (not that there is anything wrong with that), but I had a short bed lined up to purchase for it. Crap!

Just curious, anybody ever shortened a longbed frame to fit a shortbed? I know it can be done on later model trucks 67-72 etc... Any help?

How much diff. in wheel base

Short bed is 143" and long bed is 157.5". I got a really good deal on this truck but was really expecting/wanting a shortbed. Now I own it and it runs great and all but isn't quite what I wanted. I was supposed to meet a guy this morning to buy a very nice shortbed bed for it, thats off for now, just trying to figure out what my options are at this point.

Lot of work to move the axle and then the drivshaft will have to be cut down. I would just get the long bed for it unless you plan on making it a wheeling rig