GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Terrible MPG

I wish I had remembered more about what I did. I believe yes it would come on, when it comes to a low response at 65+ I'd check your air filter and make sure there is proper airflow to it. Actually I had my transmission replaced at 141K so possibly check your transmission fluid and make sure that is all good.

The reason I mention the transmission, is I don't have that problem anymore. Of course I have been doing things lately, as seafoaming, replaced IAC valve but that is really about it. I don't know FOR SURE if your transmission would be an issue, I think it still has awhile to go till you have trouble with it.
    Last edited by liquidmetal; 02-01-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vehicles owned:
    1995 Chevy Cheyenne 4.3L V6
    1972 Chevy C-10 (on storage lot, fathers but part of the family chevys!)

i gained 3-5 mpg by using the additive called "star-tron" you can find it at wal-mart sometimes. but it's usually at marine stores, boat stores. etc. then after that i used lucas fuel treatment. between those 2 products and lightening up my truck "take out unneccessary weight"

i am sick of this horrible gas mileage
    i dont know what is up with this truck.
    my question is, that if the person before me didnt keep up with mantinence, could i not fix that by changing the oil and all the mantinence required?

Cool Terrible MPG

X2 with Jenna and the cats. If it does not show a code I would take to a shop with a good scanner and scan for codes. I think I read that you got this truck used. If it does show a code with a good scanner than maybe I'd check and see if someone removed the check engine light buld. Dont go by one of the auto parts stores for a scan, there scan tools are just code readers. Go to a proffesional shop and pay for a scan. You may learn alot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234