GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default New and looking for suggestions

Hey guys, new to the forum but seems like there's a lot of knowledge and helpful opinions on here. I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L crew cab with all stock suspension and 265/70/R17 tires and stock 17" rims. I want to level out the truck and was looking for some suggestions. I guess my first choice might be to go with the 2" leveling kit, to be safe, just because it seems like that's the main sized spacer most aftermarket suspension companies make but I worry it wont bring it up enough. With my finances being limited, gonna have to roll with the 31" tires but will probably be looking at 33's on the stock rim. Any suggestions and side view, eye level pictures would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to exchanging photos and experiences. Thanks guys

Adam
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(2).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	25914

I was also wondering if anyone has done 3.5" spacers in front with 1.5" blocks in the back. have looked all over the forums and haven't seen any mention of it. Thanks again.

this is my truck with rough country's 2inch spacer and im still running 265/70r17 til they wear out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quads.jpg  
    Last edited by jbjohnson92f; 03-22-2011 at 04:01 AM.
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Welcome to the site!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Welcome to the club! Several people on here have the Readylift 2.25" level kit and seem to be happy with it. I have a 2.5 in. ''offbrand" kit on mine, but I haven't had any problems going on 3 years now. It's basically the same design as the RL. Also, your truck should have a stock 1.25" rear block, and RL makes 2" and 3" replacement blocks that will give you a little more lift. I've got the 3" rear blocks, but I don't have any recent pics of my truck (sorry). You can look in my album, I do have a side view of the truck with just the level kit. You should check out another user on here named Ajarman. I believe he is running the RL 2.25" level kit, 2" rear blocks, and slightly larger than 33's. He has a thread with several pics of his truck that may give you a good idea, and if you shoot him a message I'm sure he'd be more than willing to give you some insight.

Here's the link to Ajarman's truck. The pics near the end of the thread are the ones you'll want to see.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...hlight=ajarman
    Last edited by troutbug; 03-22-2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: add link
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Welcome to the club. ReadyLift spacer kit or the Bilsteins adjustable front shock/strut are both very good kits.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

If you go any higher than the 2.5" kits the upper control arms will rub the front shock/strut. If you go to ReadyLifts website you can see there 4" kit that has a redesigned upper control arm so you won't have a rubbing issue. Skyjacker has a 3" kit but its a suspension lift, easy to install.

Welcome aboard, Adam. Nice truck!

Thanks for the replies fellas, and so fast! There are so many different mods people have shown on this site and it's awesome. Hard to choose what will be right for me. troutbug, I went to ajarman's thread and it was full of info, very helpful especially since his truck is a lot like mine as far as color and it being 4 door. Thanks. Something is wrong with the pictures at the end of the thread though. It said they had been deleted so I sent a reply on that thread asking for a link or something to see see them. Hopefully I can see them soon. Look forward to making my mods and posting pictures to see what you guys think. Thanks again.

Adam

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Welcome to the club!

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by