GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Kumho Road Venture AT

What's everyones opinions on them? They are a heck of a lot cheaper than most other tires and I have heard some good things about them. Would appreciate some first hand expiriences.

Thanks

2007 Z71 Silverado 1500 LT NNBS
    5.3L
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    2.25" ReadyLift
    285/65-R18 Kumho's
    Factory Steps
    Big Tex Cattle Guard
    Delta Pro Tool Box
    Chrome Door Handles
    WeatherTech Floormats
    Spray In Bedliner

I have those on my truck now and have about 5 months and 7k on them. Only so much off road I have been able to do in the city. That and its San Diego so I dont know how they will handle in the rain yet. Not much road noise. In the limited time and abuse I cant complain about them. I paid 815 out the door (warranty, install etc), but they will probably wear a little faster than usual since I have 315/75/16 mounted on the stock 16x6.5 rim (supposed to be 8-10" rims), so I just rotate more often.

Here is also a good site that reviews alot of off road tires
    http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...Venture-AT.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00030.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	4145

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00031.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	4146
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I've always heard neg. things about kumho's at least in the north east... I always get the Dueler A/T Revo's... they work as well in the winters here as they do in the summer! Firestone(bridgestone dealer) also has a deal this month buy 3 get the 4th free.... until oct 31...

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L EC/Std Bed 4x4 Flexfuel
    Full Metal Jacket Spray on Bed Liner
    Black Powder coat Diamond Plate Weatherguard Tool Box
    Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust System
    K&N Flat Panel OEM replacement Air Filter
    Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires P275/55/R20
    Black Reflective pinstripe and VORTEC hood lettering
    Billet front bowtie
    Rear Bowtie Delete
    Blue strobe grille lights
    Blue strobe rear window lights
    Blue LED Mini Light bar in front Grille

Just put a set on my Burb. Haven't been in mud or snow yet. I'm waiting to see how they are in snow as the Firestone Steeltex that were on the truck were crap in the snow (and not great in mud) in spite of a good looking tread. $600 out the door for 265/70-16. Could have saved a few bucks at Tire Rack, but by the time you figure m&b the difference wasn't that much and I'd rather give the local guy my business.

Last edited by blackburb; 10-18-2009 at 08:01 PM.

DONT GET THEM, first tire that I ever got stuck in. I would go with Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's... they work well in the winters & great in the spring mud! Go to Firestone dealer, buy 3 get the 4th free until oct 31. Not cheap but worth every penny
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

Well, I was out at camp yesterday and it rained all day and then changed to snow about 6pm. Snowed all night. Drove out this morning on about 2" of wet, sticky snow on top of wet, muddy road. No problem at all and definitely better than the Firestones were. Only needed 4x4 once to get up one hill that is always slippery when wet. So far, so good.

I know this is an older post now but we finally had some rain (in San Diego) so I can now comment on its performance more than my last post. since the roads arent built to handle water here (no crown) the roads puddle and flood easily. During the rain I never noticed any slipping, loss of traction or spinning at a start. So I can say they performed very well in the rain. I also went out to the desert yesterday (stopped raining friday) so I took it through a couple deep sand puddles without any issues. didnt take it through any of the soft sand (wasnt much with the rain) but drove fine in the sand I did go through that and sand is horrible underneath the truck. Just the little i did I had to make sure to hose down the undercarriage and I need to regrease everything tomorrow. Snow is the only thing I have yet to go through in the tires. the closest I got was on the drive out to the desert there was a little left in the road, but nothing I really drove through. Overall i think the tires have performed very well especially for a cheap tire.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Sr. Apprentice

Thanks for bringin up the thread! Since our couple little blizzards here in Nebraska I have had a chance to test these things out in deep snow, packed snow, all the slush and crap left over, and some just plain old muddy dirt roads and driveways. These things worked great! Maybe not impressive in 2 wheel drive, but you put it in 4 and you don't slip a bit. I've pulled a few of my buddies out (im smart enough not to get stuck), one my truck was sittin in atleast 6 inches of snow, and pulled him a quarter mile to the intersection with ZERO problems. Great tire, wearing like a champ also.

5.3L
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    2.25" ReadyLift
    285/65-R18 Kumho's
    Factory Steps
    Big Tex Cattle Guard
    Delta Pro Tool Box
    Chrome Door Handles
    WeatherTech Floormats
    Spray In Bedliner

Quote Originally Posted by CornhuskerChevy View Post
    Thanks for bringin up the thread! Since our couple little blizzards here in Nebraska I have had a chance to test these things out in deep snow, packed snow, all the slush and crap left over, and some just plain old muddy dirt roads and driveways. These things worked great! Maybe not impressive in 2 wheel drive, but you put it in 4 and you don't slip a bit. I've pulled a few of my buddies out (im smart enough not to get stuck), one my truck was sittin in atleast 6 inches of snow, and pulled him a quarter mile to the intersection with ZERO problems. Great tire, wearing like a champ also.
    where at in SC Nebraska are you? I live outside Hastings near Trumbull

1996 GMC Sierra K1500, Vortec 5.7 Project Black on White (In Progress) Thrush Welded Muffler , 265 Mudstar M/T

Sr. Apprentice

Haha small world! I live about 40 miles southeast of ya.

5.3L
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    2.25" ReadyLift
    285/65-R18 Kumho's
    Factory Steps
    Big Tex Cattle Guard
    Delta Pro Tool Box
    Chrome Door Handles
    WeatherTech Floormats
    Spray In Bedliner