GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: tire opinion

Default tire opinion

so im looking for all terrain tires and was wondering which looked best on my truck. i need everyone's opinion. thanks

I have Hankook RF10's on my truck and I can't say enough about them.......good luck with your choice!
    The diference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits.

2007 NBS Silverado
    LT2 Z71
    2.5" Levelling Kit
    Hood Stripes
    Chrome Grill
    GM Bed Liner & Tonno
    Dick Cepek Rims 18X9
    Hankook RF10 Tires 275/65/18
    De-Badged Tailgate

More Mods Coming

I myself have the nitto terra grapplers! i know many people around here that have them on their truck... i have 285/70/17 i know someone who has 295's on a 2500 and i know someone else who had 35x12.5x20 with a 6" and 3" and he loved them! A very aggressive all terrain if u ask me.. if you've had any off road tire these tires dont hum at all.. a little more hum than stock but if you didnt know what stock sounded like you wouldnt tell a difference! id buy them any day over again!
    "I'll Sleep When I Die"

2009 Chevy Silverado LT1
    295/70/17 Toyo MT's
    2" rough country leveling kit
    CAI
    magnaflow exhaust
    custom tune
    spray in Line-X bedliner
    deep low profile took box
    6000K HID's
    5% + 20% tint on door windows and rear + layer of 10% rear glass and 5% tint strip
    2 12" Kicker CVT's
    custom sub boxes
    1000 watt hifonics sub amp
    4 6.5" hifonics door speakers
    4 hifonics tweeters
    320 watt hifonics amp
    Quad bell train horn
    5 gallon air tank with 100% duty Viar compressor
    galls street thunder deluxe siren/PA

common guys. i would love more suggestions. tires that are good in snow would be good too, cuz i love makin money pullin people out
    Last edited by Silverado1500; 02-05-2010 at 11:41 AM.

My vote is definitely for the BfGoodrich all-terrains or extreme all-terrains. they are excellent tires, and I have seen a lot of people running them here in Utah. excellent all-around tires.

'01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

Legend

I have BFG all terrains on my beast right now and they SUCK!!!!!!!! they dont clean out for crap and i have had to use 4wd this winter so far which i never do unless I am four wheelin. So I just ordered up som maxx trak from dunlop and should have then on the beast by wednesday next week, I will give a review after a week of use, which should be decent as my area is due for snow for just abour everyday for the next week.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    I have BFG all terrains on my beast right now and they SUCK!!!!!!!! they dont clean out for crap and i have had to use 4wd this winter so far which i never do unless I am four wheelin. So I just ordered up som maxx trak from dunlop and should have then on the beast by wednesday next week, I will give a review after a week of use, which should be decent as my area is due for snow for just abour everyday for the next week.
    same man!!!! even though i dont have much tread left, but traction sucks in the snow! its embarrasing. had to use 4wd to much these past weeks. but i dont know, maybe because it has less tread on em.

It's ture about the snow for the regular all-terrains, the extreme are much better. otherwiase, the all-terrain is an excellent all-around tire.

Baloneyon the BFG AT's don't do good in snow. LOL The BFG AT on my Jeep Cherokee do excellent in the snow. I am a ski instructor at a ski resort (Tahoe) and drive in blizzards for years on them. Sugar pow, Sierra cement, hard pack, I've plowed through over 2 1/2 feet of sierra cement and deeper pow. Plow puts a 4 foot berm in front of my drive way every time it snows that I have to drive over. The BFG at blast through it all. Best all around all terrain tire you can get for the snow.
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 02-05-2010 at 01:54 PM.

The BFG AT's do great in the sand too. Plenty of folks run them on their 4X4 beach buggies to striper surf fish the beaches of Jersey, north carolina up and down the east coast and it is very soft sugar sand that is easy to get stuck in if you don't air down to 12lbs. BFG AT's are a favorite for beach driving. http://www.njbba.org/

They do great in all around basic 4X4 off road driving. Street, snow, sand, mud, dirt.....I have gotten 70K out of sets.
    There's good reason they are the best selling light truck tire in the USA. And why many offroaders run them in race conditions.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by