GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Alarm Wiring Question!

So I had a Clifford 2 way alarm and remote start installed in my truck less than a month ago and it turns out that the installer wired it up so that if the dome light comes on it will set the alarm off. If i push the dome override button and open the door when the alarm is set nothing happens. So i went to the shop and asked the guy to redo it and he claims that if he wires it to the door trigger that it could cause the computer in the truck to stop working and that he won't accept responsibility. I really think that he just doesn't want to do it because it will take a while to do and plus i'm only 16 so he probably thinks I'll believe whatever he says. He said he will do it but he highly suggests that i leave it wired through the dome light. Opinions?
    Michael, 17, CA

2005 Silverado - See my garage for my mod list
    :great:

If it's me I'm going to one of his competitors for a second opinion. They will tell you the truth. If you want him to do it right you'll let him know that you've done your homework
    Marc

2008 Chevrolet Silverado
    Black on Black leather, XM,
    20" GA 4.6
    Bak Flip G2
    5.3L FLEX
    Custom machined bow-tie
    (my ME ; )
    Billet grille inserts
    Paint Matched
    door handles & mirror covers
    Partially de-badged

he buddy! sorry for what has happened. okay, i have been an installer for going on 5 years now. i have done countless alarms and remote starts. heres the deal: we sometimes use the dome light in the car beacuse the door trigger wires are all weird to wire up. however, the one rule in my shop is that you do not do that to any car that has an over-rivde for the dome light. so heres the thing, we use an inhernet wiring database from directed electronics, witch is the leader in manufacturing alarm and remote start systems, so it is EXTREAMILY accurate. this is a direct copy and paste from our database:

left front door trigger wire (-) gray/black(left), black/white(right)
    notes: On base model trucks, the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5. On 4dr trucks, the LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. green/black, pin A2. They are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all wires and diode isolate. The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.

so, with all that said, it is kind of a pain to do the door triggers, and thats why hes feedin you all that bull $&#*!! BUT, thats what you paid for! so, print this out, take it to the shop, tell them you want to speak to the owner, slap it on the desk, and tell them you want it done right, right now!!!
    let me know how it goes man!!

Cody- Tulsa, OK
    '04 silverado

Thank you so much!!!!!!! That's just what I needed! I knew he was B.S.ing me about the computer!

Legend
    Blog Entries

WOW! Now that's what I call a great answer identityPRS, that will give him some leverage with that installer! Good luck with your truck too, I hope they get it fixed up the way you want it.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by identityPRS View Post
    he buddy! sorry for what has happened. okay, i have been an installer for going on 5 years now. i have done countless alarms and remote starts. heres the deal: we sometimes use the dome light in the car beacuse the door trigger wires are all weird to wire up. however, the one rule in my shop is that you do not do that to any car that has an over-rivde for the dome light. so heres the thing, we use an inhernet wiring database from directed electronics, witch is the leader in manufacturing alarm and remote start systems, so it is EXTREAMILY accurate. this is a direct copy and paste from our database:

notes: On base model trucks, the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5. On 4dr trucks, the LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. green/black, pin A2. They are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all wires and diode isolate. The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.

so, with all that said, it is kind of a pain to do the door triggers, and thats why hes feedin you all that bull $&#*!! BUT, thats what you paid for! so, print this out, take it to the shop, tell them you want to speak to the owner, slap it on the desk, and tell them you want it done right, right now!!!
    X2 on that, this is exactly what should be done. I have put numerous alarms, remote starts, keyless entries in and the installer you had do yours is just trying to get out of fixing your truck. You paid for it to be done right and it's not. Make them fix it or give you your money back and then go somewhere else for the work.
    1997 Chevy K3500
    4x4 X-Cab Dually
    454 Dual Exhaust

Well, I got it all taken care of and it works just as i want it to. Thank you so much Identityprs. I printed that out and he said "oh yeah we have that database too but what he didn't tell you is that you still run the risk of ruining your computer" but its all done now and its how i want it so thanks. I know his story is a bunch of BS. I won't be returning to that shop.

Hey Michael, just being curious. What was the shop called if you don't mind me asking.
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chrysler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    1966 Ford Mustang

Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab

So*Cal Group

Its called Audio Tune. Located in Bellflower, CA.

Definetly don't suggest them and definetly not going back.

Quote Originally Posted by identityPRS View Post

Do you still have to set up the door triggers if your using a bypass like the XK01?
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by