GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Upgrade engine

Default Upgrade engine

Well guys when i get back from kuwait I think I am gonna be installing this engine in the heavy chevy. I think This paired with some 4 10 gears and a nice stall with my nitrous would make for a good combination. I have been talking to this speed shop and they are telling me that it will cost Right at 10000 for The engine, install, gears, tune, exhaust pretty much everything
    LS376/480 HP 6.2L CrateEngine with HotCam 19244549 - Crate Engine Depot
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

Wow, that thing is going to fly. Can i have your old engine?

'01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Wow, that thing is going to fly. Can i have your old engine?
    lol i will prolly sell it for 400

Were they nice enough and honest enough to warn you about all of the things that are weak and that'll break if you add that power? It is a very slippery slope once you start man. You could always just buy mine, lol ;)

Quote Originally Posted by TYMBOM View Post
    Were they nice enough and honest enough to warn you about all of the things that are weak and that'll break if you add that power? It is a very slippery slope once you start man. You could always just buy mine, lol ;)
    Actually they told me that my all of the componets would hold up to 650 rw hp. This engine is stock in the new silverado trucks minus the cam up grade.An the fact that they dont put it in a regular cab I am gonna try and up grade everything that I need to to make this truck work out. I plan on dropping about 15 to 20 grand in it. I was gonna just buy something else but I thought heck why not have one of the sickest trucks around. I have set aside just enuf money to pay my truck off and spend 20 gs so It is either do that and make a bad azz truck or buy a 20 grand car which is hard to fine.
    Last edited by heavy chevy; 02-09-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy chevy View Post
    Actually they told me that my all of the componets would hold up to 650 rw hp. This engine is stock in the new silverado trucks minus the cam up grade.An the fact that they dont put it in a regular cab I am gonna try and up grade everything that I need to to make this truck work out. I plan on dropping about 15 to 20 grand in it. I was gonna just buy something else but I thought heck why not have one of the sickest trucks around. I have set aside just enuf money to pay my truck off and spend 20 gs so It is either do that and make a bad azz truck or buy a 20 grand car which is hard to fine.
    WHAT?!?!?! Be very afraid of any shop that would tell you that you stock equipment would hold anywhere near 650 ENGINE hp, forget about rwhp!!!!! Man, all I can tell is this, long before I hit the 650rwhp mark I had to replace every piece in the entire drivetrain. I'm not telling you how to run your business but I've been there and learned the very hard and very expensive way. Be careful with that shop, I'm just trying to help you out a little.

I just am now getting my truck to be reliable(ish) at 650rwhp, I can tell you it was nowhere near $20g to do it. Try double or triple that.
    Last edited by TYMBOM; 02-09-2010 at 12:30 AM.