GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Body lift or suspension lift??

I currently have some spacers on my truck but not enough, I want to go higher, I know as a fact that a suspension lift is way more expensive than a body lift but was wondering the pros & cons of both lifts, thanks in advance
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2WD, single cab, 6 lug, 4.8L V8, Flowmaster, K&N GEN 2 FIPK, Black American Eagle Wheels #186 on 33s BFGoodrich All Terrains, cobra CB radio, Kenwood 1000 watt sound system, optima battery red top.

I would go with the suspension lift. All the body lift will do is give you more clearance for larger tires, it does not do anything to improve suspension or travel. Plus I hate the look of a body lift with the frame hanging below the truck. How high are you wanting to go?

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

The suspension lift is worth the extra money. And it looks better once its done than the body lift.

1987 Chevy Suburban
    5.7 350 with Edelbrock Cam and Intake
    32x11.5x15 tires
    True Dual Series 40 Flowmaster exhaust
    Long Tube Headers

Blog Entries

if you're talking about your 2wd, a suspension lift isn't probably worth the money to you. I'm not a fan of body lifts but this might be the best for you and your wallet. don't forget about the bumper relocator brackets, uncurling your brake lines a bit and you might need a steering shaft extender and shift linkage kit. all of the sudden $200 turns into $300+.
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

(This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)

If you are going to actually take your truck off-road I would go with the suspension kit to get you more clearance under the frame. I also don't like how the frame hands down on the body lift kits, but that's an appearance thing.

'01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

Cool body lift or suspension lift??

Save your money and buy the suspension kit. I've seen to many problems with body lifts even when installed to manufactures specs.

Fabtech makes a 3" suspension lift for your truck. We used to install this kit for less money than a body lift because the suspension kit took less labor than the body lift to install. The lift kit was more money than the body lift but because of labor the suspension kit ended up less money in this paticular case.

Sr. Apprentice

Here is the deal, I'm keepin the truck no more than a year but I'm buying new tires as well and I don't want to ruinew tires do to clearanse, I relly don't off road that much but at least one a month and nothing crazy. All u need is to make enough space to fit new 33s I don't even know if either spindles or body lift at 3" will help and yes my budget gor either body lift or spindles is no more than $500. I would lobe to go as high as 6" but don't think I'll make it with that kind of budget.

If your not going to keep it than I would just put a tire one size larger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser1 View Post
    Here is the deal, I'm keepin the truck no more than a year but I'm buying new tires as well and I don't want to ruinew tires do to clearanse, I relly don't off road that much but at least one a month and nothing crazy. All u need is to make enough space to fit new 33s I don't even know if either spindles or body lift at 3" will help and yes my budget gor either body lift or spindles is no more than $500. I would lobe to go as high as 6" but don't think I'll make it with that kind of budget.
    Suspension is way better than body lifts. If your going to get rid of the truck i agree, i would just put one larger size tire and be done with it.

IF YOU AINT FIRST, YOUR LAST!

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71
    K&N Intake
    Flowmasters
    6K HID Lows, Highs, Fogs
    3 Piece Billet grille
    De-badged
    Autopage Remote Start
    3000 Watt Stereo System
    Truxedo Bed Cover
    3 Inch lift
    33x11.5 Nittos