GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Top Five Ways To Get Questions Answered on GM Truck Club

GM Truck Club is a large user-to-user GM & Chevy enthusiast community. We get millions of visitors each year and look to have nearly 100,000 registered members in the near future.

With thousands of new members joining each month, the staff and moderators have compiled this list to help you get the most out of this site and especially to help you get answers to your questions.

Top Five Ways To Get Questions Answered on GM Truck Club

1) Use a specific title when starting a new thread.
    This may sound funny, but more people will read a thread with a very specific title. Use the best title you can think of so it stands out for people surfing through the new messages.

Bad Title
    Can someone help me?
    Good Title
    2002 Trailblazer won't start - Bad Battery?

2) Give Enough Information.
    All the time people post a general questions with not enough information. Don't go overboard though, just the basics are fine.

Not Enough Information Post
    My SUV just stopped running. Can someone help me?
    Good Information Post
    My 2002 Chevy Trailblazer wouldn't start this morning. Any thoughts?

It's got 95,000 miles and I just tuned up the 4.2L engine last month. The battery is 6 months old and I haven't had any problems with anything since I've owned it & I'm the original owner.

I just moved from New York (where I bought the vehicle new) to San Antonio about 6 months ago. Any suggestions on where to look?
    3) Don't be long-winded. Try to be as brief as possible.
    To get the most responses, please be as brief as possible while still giving all of the relevant information. Hint, bullet-points like this work well.

- Vehicle year, make and model.
    - Specific problems or questions you have.
    - How long you have had this issue.
    - Vehicle information like engine type, mileage and vehicle history.

4) Fill out your Profile, Signature & Avatars - it only take 5 minutes.
    People tend to help those that they know a little bit about, that's just human nature. Consider filling out your Profile, add a Signature and uploading an Avatar and Profile Picture.

Signature

Put basic information about you and your vehicles. (You can even upload a Signature Photo)

Good Signature Example:
    Steve - Texas
    2006 Chevy Malibu
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer LS
    General information about yourself can be entered in the profile, this can really help people to know you quickly.

These are a great way for other users to identify you instantly, just by your avatar. Please consider finding and uploading an avatar today. If you need any help, PM any moderator for assistance.

5) Search before you ask your question.
    Before you begin, please do a site-search for your topic, it may have been asked before 100 times. You can also go to any specific forum and complete a narrow forum or sub-forum search as well.

This is a user-to-user enthusiast website, jump in and ask your question, post your comment or let us know what's going on in your world. We're here to help!
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 10-03-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Figured I would bump this up again as there are a bunch of new members that never get around to their profile and signature. It's very helpful to other members when you give some good information on this so we can get to know you better on the site.

FACEBOOK CONNECT - Want to make it simple? Just click the FACEBOOK connect button the top of the page. After you login, it will allow you to log into GMTC using your facebook account, making loging in a one-button exercise! Also, it will allow you to use some of the information you have in Facebook to pre-populate your GMTC settings.

Legend

Blog Entries

Bump.......

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Shouldn't #5 be #1? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Shouldn't #5 be #1? ;)
    Agreed.....................................
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"