GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TYMBOM View Post
    Just so that I am not misunderstood, I was not pissed that I didn't get nominated. I made my comment about being surprised because of the mix of nearly stock rides when there were so many nominated with lots done. That being said, I do understand and appreciate the mods job. That is why I questioned. I'd rather be the up front and open than to be the bitter guy who just b!tches about it. I asked and now I know.

That being said, I am not taking away or slamming anyone elses ride. We are all very proud of our trucks and we all should be.

Again, good luck everyone and have fun. That's why we're all here.

Well said, and I understand that there may be some question as to why someone was picked over someone else. In fact, I've been contemplating off and on about this thread for a few months now. The comments made in the poll was just my cue. Again, if the rides seem too lightly modded, I have to be fair to everyone that wants to play. One month may be all stockers, another may be all lifted, and another yet may be all slammed.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a View Post
    Well said, and I understand that there may be some question as to why someone was picked over someone else. In fact, I've been contemplating off and on about this thread for a few months now. The comments made in the poll was just my cue. Again, if the rides seem too lightly modded, I have to be fair to everyone that wants to play. One month may be all stockers, another may be all lifted, and another yet may be all slammed.
    I think that would be a good idea. Some of us just can't compete with the other trucks. Plus, everyone has different tastes and ideas of what looks good and what doesn't. You have done a great job, and it makes it fun to come back and keeps everyone involved!!
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TYMBOM View Post
    Just so that I am not misunderstood, I was not pissed that I didn't get nominated. I made my comment about being surprised because of the mix of nearly stock rides when there were so many nominated with lots done. That being said, I do understand and appreciate the mods job. That is why I questioned. I'd rather be the up front and open than to be the bitter guy who just b!tches about it. I asked and now I know.

That being said, I am not taking away or slamming anyone elses ride. We are all very proud of our trucks and we all should be.

Again, good luck everyone and have fun. That's why we're all here.

I agree with TYMBOM.

Blog Entries

I agree with a lot that has been said. Actually, practically everything. I do think that it's crazy that more customized trucks didn't get in, and I also think that it would be pretty boring to see one truck get nominated over and over again, and then get all the votes against a less modified truck. I think it's really cool that ALL of the ROTM's are different. A lot of sites I go to, there are a lot of repeat ROTM's, TOTM's, etc.

I would love to see other types of the ROTM's, such as SUV's and mini's, and would be glad to help out in that way if need be.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I know we have a lot of diversity here but surely there are enough nominations each month that the nominees could all be the same body style? Putting an '05 against 3 other NNBS gives him absolutely no chance. ( Feb ROTM)
    Last edited by adampaul1964; 02-12-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    Adam

There may not be a filter on PHP boards for restricting voting. But there is a filter for only allowing one account per IP address. that will at least stop people from making multiple accounts unless they get themselves a variable IP address or do the work and make one at home, work, friends house that sort of thing. I am no expert on PHP but i have built a few Vbulletin boards.
    Jeep Recovery Vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    I know we have a lot of diversity here but surely there are enough nominations each month that the nominees could all be the same body style? Putting an '05 against 3 other NNBS gives him absolutely no chance. ( Feb ROTM)

I agree and yet disagree all at the same time, lol. It all comes down to what is done I guess. I'm sure someone like 04SilveradoMykk would have no problem going up against a brand new 2010. Actually, I think he'd enjoy it.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    There may not be a filter on PHP boards for restricting voting. But there is a filter for only allowing one account per IP address. that will at least stop people from making multiple accounts unless they get themselves a variable IP address or do the work and make one at home, work, friends house that sort of thing. I am no expert on PHP but i have built a few Vbulletin boards.
    I couldn't have said it better, I know of 3 ROTM that this happened to friends of mine on here and it is BS!! All 3 of them had truly custom trucks with blood sweat and $$$ in them, and they all supposedly got beat out by completely stock NNBS trucks which in the real world would never happen. I would love it if the moderators put a block on the IP addresses to only be able to have one account, that is a huge problem on this site if you ask me. Look through the members list and count over 1,000s of members who joined with only 1 post, and then look at where there one post is Big surprise ROTM comtest LOL!!!

If you have to vote for yourself over and over shame on you, and you know who I am talking about eh hem!!!! E-Mail me if you if you have a problem with what I said in this post please private message me, I would love to have private conversations about this matter LOL!!!!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Well if that's all it takes, I better start stocking up on fake accounts, lol.

i think trplxl2 it right on. i can see it happening. i have seen stock trucks win and a guy that has put work in his lose.

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/noell1947/pbr%20time/
    2004 Chevy Colorado 2wd/4l60e/3.5 Inline 5
    6-PIAA 520 series yellow ion spot lights 85 watts each
    PIAA quattro fog lights w/extreme white/yellow ion bulbs
    Anzo projector headlights/LED turn signals
    LED underbodys 7-color/LED interior lighting
    JET stage 2 performance chip/Magnaflow exhaust S/S
    Recon Big Rig Lights/LED tail lights/3rd brake light
    Putco LED bed lights/BEDRUG
    Goodmark 2" rise Cowl hood/K&N fipk intake
    98-04' Blazer overhead console & floor console
    40/60/40 seat modified to 40/console/40