GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I'm not going to lie, I'd be pissed!

hi well until they put some new rules in. it wont be fair. if a guy has lots of friends all they have to do is join. them vote. never see them again. thats why it should be 50 post or been a member for 6 months.

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/noell1947/pbr%20time/
    2004 Chevy Colorado 2wd/4l60e/3.5 Inline 5
    6-PIAA 520 series yellow ion spot lights 85 watts each
    PIAA quattro fog lights w/extreme white/yellow ion bulbs
    Anzo projector headlights/LED turn signals
    LED underbodys 7-color/LED interior lighting
    JET stage 2 performance chip/Magnaflow exhaust S/S
    Recon Big Rig Lights/LED tail lights/3rd brake light
    Putco LED bed lights/BEDRUG
    Goodmark 2" rise Cowl hood/K&N fipk intake
    98-04' Blazer overhead console & floor console
    40/60/40 seat modified to 40/console/40
    33" Cooper Discovery A/T
    16" Pro Comp extreme alloy wheels

I agree. Especially the "or" part. I don't even know if I've been here for six months yet!!!

Default A twist to the competition

This is my first day reading through this thread but while I was reading I thought of an idea that might work. Rather than picking more trucks with different categories, what about picking 4 or 5 trucks (to prevent repeat contenders) and having various categories to vote on. Best wheels, Best interior, etc... I think this would first off, allow each person in the poll to have a chance at winning something, and second, promote creativity with photos that show interior, engine, exhaust, suspension, wheels etc... maybe even throw some videos in there so we can here the exhaust. I know just thinking about it makes me want to go clean up my engine and repair some chipped paint on my baby lol. Now that's motivation!!!

-Greg

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

Jr. Apprentice

Default Another POV?

Hello guys-

I am new here and I would like to add my $.02 to this friendly debate.

There seems to be an underlying preference against the stock or near stock trucks whose owners might feel great pride of ownership as well.

I doubt that I am alone when I say that I truly LOVE a truck that is stock or near stock, especially one that has several years of age on it. Although it might be in a different catagory, these truck can exibit many feelings of pride based in having some age and still being mechanically sound because it was cared for so well and loved over those years.

My 99 Suburban is such a truck. It is mildly modded, but mostly it has been cared for and maintained with an appreciation for longevity and a love for the way CHEVROLET makes it! Its really a base model with vinyl/vinyl and hand crank, etc., but it gets comments everywhere I go even though 99 was one of the most popular in a sea of Suburbans out there.

Also my 88 suburban. This is a truly unique and rare vehicle. It's rather ugly on the outside, but it was originally ordered from the factory with 1 ton drive train and suspension and a 8000lb winch. It's a freakin MONSTER just as Chevy made it. I found it with only 80K miles on it and immediaely spent a few $$$ to get it in mechanicly excellent condition again. As for its 4WD capabilities... call me if you get stuck! It's like a tractor! I could probably plow a field with it! The interior is stock and minty except for the headliner which is next on the list.

Enough rambling .... just want to note that stockers have their fans too.

A suggestion might be that the modrator could anounce in advance what type or catagory of truck each months contest would be focusing on.... 4X4, street sweeper, kid haulers, crew cabs, etc....
    Last edited by bloozy; 03-05-2010 at 09:05 AM.
    Regards, Leo

Current Rides
    1999 Chev Suburban LS 2500 4WD
    1988 Chev Suburban 3/4 ton 4WD, Factory installed 1 ton drivetrain and suspention and 8000 lb winch "BEAST"
    1986 Chev 1/2 ton pickup 4.3L, 3-speed on column
    1986 GMC Vandura 2500 5.0L "Moneymaker"

Past Rides (missed)
    2005 Chev 2500HD P/U, 6.0L, Crew-Cab
    1992 HD FLHTP
    1991 HD FLHTP
    1994 Cadillac Concourse
    1999 Cadillac STS
    2001 Cadillac Deville

That's true, but January's ROTM was made up of mostly stock vehicles and they do try to mix them up and match the vehicles for the month.

'01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

Quote Originally Posted by bloozy View Post

There seems to be an underlying preference against the stock or near stock trucks whose owners might feel great pride of ownership as well.
    I wouldn't really say that. However, ROTM should be something at least mildly different from the millons driving around.

What makes them different?

How could you vote if there were two of the same stock trucks?

I could go on and on but there is no need. The rules are the rules until we are notified of any changes. I think that it really should be a nomination process instead of the "pick me, pick me!!!!" currently being used.

Quote Originally Posted by bloozy View Post
    My 99 Suburban is such a truck. It is mildly modded, but mostly it has been cared for and maintained with an appreciation for longevity and a love for the way CHEVROLET makes it! Its really a base model with vinyl/vinyl and hand crank, etc., but it gets comments everywhere I go even though 99 was one of the most popular in a sea of Suburbans out there.
    Hey, that's my truck!! And he mentioned my name, too!

I agree with Leo on this point. My truck is King S*** around these parts, based on the above criteria. When I enter the GMTC neighborhood, it's just another plain jane work truck, and I'm OK with that. I'll have other toys to put in for ROTM, as time and money will allow.

I don't know the happy median for this contest; but I'll be back, every time, voting for the truck that strikes my fancy at that time.

Good luck to all, don't get mad if I steal ideas from your ride.

D
    Last edited by KidHauler; 03-05-2010 at 05:02 PM.

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    I know we have a lot of diversity here but surely there are enough nominations each month that the nominees could all be the same body style? Putting an '05 against 3 other NNBS gives him absolutely no chance. ( Feb ROTM)
    Hey, he beat me... it's all good. I still love my truck.

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

stickying this...
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast