GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default Q&A thread about ROTM contests

This forum is ONLY to be used for ROTM WINNERS. All other posts will be moved.

I noticed a lot of you asking questions in last months poll thread. I apologize for not answering them right away since I was gone for a lot of the month. Instead of answering them in that thread, I decided to start this one where you can ask and I will try and answer when I'm around.

Update (4/5/2011): Please choose the ROTM "How to enter" link on the menu for the latest post on how to enter.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Is it only you who chooses? What do you base your calls on? Why not make it an actual nomination by other members instead of the "pick me" process currently in place?

I agree, with TYMBOM, and if that is the case I will nominate him for Ride of the Month for March.

Quote Originally Posted by TYMBOM View Post
    Is it only you who chooses? What do you base your calls on? Why not make it an actual nomination by other members instead of the "pick me" process currently in place?
    I can see, and agree, with nominating other members, there is a lot of people putting their trucks in the race for feb.
    Last edited by Pats1pab1; 02-05-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Paul

I think the race for February is over. We are now moving on to March.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Yes, the nomination process for Feb. is over, but the poll just opened for voting. The Mar. nomination thread is open as well.

Thanks for explaining yourself ct9a, I now understand what you have been trying to do, but I do believe some of the nominees for the Ride of the Month, should be trucks that have been customized enough to not make them appear stock. I saw plenty of trucks in the February nominations, that I believe, should have been voted on for Ride of the Month. From my point of view, some of the trucks that we are voting on now, seem like they are almost stock. I believe a guy like TYMBOM or 04SilveradoMykk should have been nominated, just because they have truly customized their trucks.

This is just my opinion, but I do understand, where you are coming from when you talk about guys who have only been in the club for a short amount of time, and might leave after a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I know we are moving on to march, but was looking at prior months. I was noticing how it seems that each month more and more people keep placing their truck in for the running. I thought it would be less bias if others nominated someone else they thought was worthy. Not saying that their truck isn't worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1pab1 View Post
    I know we are moving on to march, but was looking at prior months. I was noticing how it seems that each month more and more people keep placing their truck in for the running. I thought it would be less bias if others nominated someone else they thought was worthy. Not saying that their truck isn't worthy.
    I think that is the way it should be, but unless things change I'm still nominating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1pab1 View Post
    I can see, and agree, with nominating other members, there is a lot of people putting their trucks in the race for feb.
    Yes, there seem to be A LOT of interest in getting into the game lately. I forgot to mention that I try to make sure that everyone gets a chance. If you haven't noticed, there hasn't been a repeat contender in a long time. I'm trying to make sure that it's as fair as an internet forum poll can be.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by