GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

hi i think there should be a rule that you have to be a member for 6 months and have 50 post to vote. to many people just join to vote for a friend. ralph

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/noell1947/pbr%20time/
    2004 Chevy Colorado 2wd/4l60e/3.5 Inline 5
    6-PIAA 520 series yellow ion spot lights 85 watts each
    PIAA quattro fog lights w/extreme white/yellow ion bulbs
    Anzo projector headlights/LED turn signals
    LED underbodys 7-color/LED interior lighting
    JET stage 2 performance chip/Magnaflow exhaust S/S
    Recon Big Rig Lights/LED tail lights/3rd brake light
    Putco LED bed lights/BEDRUG
    Goodmark 2" rise Cowl hood/K&N fipk intake
    98-04' Blazer overhead console & floor console
    40/60/40 seat modified to 40/console/40
    33" Cooper Discovery A/T
    16" Pro Comp extreme alloy wheels

I agree. At least with the 50 posts. You know, for people who actually contribute to the forum.

I've been noticing the increase in traffic for ROTM. I read through this thread, and my first thought is; Hey, Scott, good job and thanks for all the work!

Some may recall that Da Bus was nominated in Novemeber, and I was shocked - and proud. As a matter of fact, my reaction was "Are you sh**in" me?!" Who's with me?

I can see Scott's point about trying to pick 4 trucks from all the entries received, make them close competition, make it interesting, and keep everyone checking in for the results. There aren't many other 25 year old vans on this site, nor are there many 11 second 4x4's.
    There is such a diverse group of people/vehicles on this site, all with their own tastes, that 4 out of X has got to be a chore.

I personaly think TYMBOM has an awesome truck, with lots of work and sweat and busted knuckles hidden behind his outward pride. I already know that I'm voting for it WHEN it makes it into the contest. That's an easy call, unless somebody out there is working on a 10 second Suburban!

I think that the comments about the voting be limited to those with vested interest in the site is right on. I'm not much of a computer guy, or even that competetive, but I had to go look at my profile to see if I qualify;)

All in all, I think everybody will get their chance in ROTM, and I know I don't want Scott's job.

My .02
    Last edited by KidHauler; 02-06-2010 at 02:54 PM.

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Well written. And thanks for the props ;)

Just so that I am not misunderstood, I was not pissed that I didn't get nominated. I made my comment about being surprised because of the mix of nearly stock rides when there were so many nominated with lots done. That being said, I do understand and appreciate the mods job. That is why I questioned. I'd rather be the up front and open than to be the bitter guy who just b!tches about it. I asked and now I know.

That being said, I am not taking away or slamming anyone elses ride. We are all very proud of our trucks and we all should be.

Again, good luck everyone and have fun. That's why we're all here.

Quote Originally Posted by chschevy58 View Post
    i have a quick question. if i send you a new picture of my truck can you change it out with the one you put up for the feb. ROTM poll?
    Already done.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Quote Originally Posted by TYMBOM View Post
    I don't think it's gone that far that people are upset. Just curious and making suggestions. Here's my two cents. Instead of someone in the end deciding, have it so the first three or four trucks to recieve three nomination votes from other members get locked in. That then cuts down on your time needed and then based completely in the members hands. Therefore, no complaining, lol.
    I have asked the rest of the mod team to take a look at this thread periodically as it evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by TYMBOM View Post
    The other way to look at it though is that if you really do want change, initiate it and demostrate that you believe in it. The way I'll do it is vote for others I believe should be reconized. Hey, if I can't even get nominated by others, how do I think I'd get their votes, or at least enough to win.

Everyone wants to win and to be reconized for having an awesome ride. Good luck everyone and have fun
    Again, this game isn't about what I want, but just something for everyone to enjoy. If there are enough people that have issues with the way it's currently done, then I'm sure the moderator team will come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by seffieldvillage@aol.com View Post
    hi i think there should be a rule that you have to be a member for 6 months and have 50 post to vote. to many people just join to vote for a friend. ralph
    Interestingly enough, I think this was brought up. In fact, that's part of the guidelines for getting into the poll, and I think that's where the idea came from. The problem is, the forum software doesn't allow us to put such filters in place.

Quote Originally Posted by KidHauler View Post
    I've been noticing the increase in traffic for ROTM. I read through this thread, and my first thought is; Hey, Scott, good job and thanks for all the work!

Some may recall that Da Bus was nominated in Novemeber, and I was shocked - and proud. As a matter of fact, my reaction was "Are you sh**in" me?!" Who's with me?

I can see Scott's point about trying to pick 4 trucks from all the entries received, make them close competition, make it interesting, and keep everyone checking in for the results. There aren't many other 25 year old vans on this site, nor are there many 11 second 4x4's.
    There is such a diverse group of people/vehicles on this site, all with their own tastes, that 4 out of X has got to be a chore.

I personaly think TYMBOM has an awesome truck, with lots of work and sweat and busted knuckles hidden behind his outward pride. I already know that I'm voting for it WHEN it makes it into the contest. That's an easy call, unless somebody out there is working on a 10 second Suburban!

I think that the comments about the voting be limited to those with vested interest in the site is right on. I'm not much of a computer guy, or even that competetive, but I had to go look at my profile to see if I qualify;)

All in all, I think everybody will get their chance in ROTM, and I know I don't want Scott's job.

My .02
    Thanks for the kind words.

Again, I agree that the voting should have some kind of restriction on it, if nothing else but to keep someone from making multiple accounts just to vote for the same truck over and over (I'd hope none of our members would do such a thing, but these days, anything is possible). I'll double check with Steve, but I don't think the software will give us the option.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by