GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Default fog light/ driving light bypass?

    looking for a "how to" on getting my fog lights, and possibly my driving lights, to stay on when i turn on my high beams. anybody seen anything like this floating around here ? i searched for something like this but came up empty handed. im running 55 watt HIDs in my driving lits, same in my high beams and 35watt HID's in my fogs (55's melted the fog lights last time). any help would be great

  2. #2

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffz0rz View Post
    looking for a "how to" on getting my fog lights, and possibly my driving lights, to stay on when i turn on my high beams. anybody seen anything like this floating around here ? i searched for something like this but came up empty handed. im running 55 watt HIDs in my driving lits, same in my high beams and 35watt HID's in my fogs (55's melted the fog lights last time). any help would be great
    i have seen some some kits on lmctruck.com for mid 90 chevy trucks for the low beam to sty on with the high beams maybe you can find some thing on that web site

  3. #3

    Default

    Here you go, not sure if i recomend it but this is what others say.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16265

    '01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

  4. #4

    Default

    yeah that mod worries me. ill have to do some more searching or something

  5. #5
    Jr. Apprentice Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N.W.ARK (479)
    Posts
    23

    Default

    the factory light melt the housing i have a certified trucks i got with 34,000 mile 12 mo.bumper to bumper and 100,000 power and the dealer said they cant install new house cause they will just do it again chevy said NO on the housing so i installed LED's in th[IMG]file:///C:/Users/IIINEENJAHIII/Pictures/Z71/IMG00231-20100207-1033.jpg[/IMG]em = no heat.....[IMG]file:///C:/Users/IIINEENJAHIII/Pictures/Z71/IMG00231-20100207-1033.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6

    Default

    That's good information.. thanks for sharing with us,,,,


    motorcycle security

  7. #7
    Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tunkhannock, PA (North East)
    Posts
    809

    Default

    I've always used the diode method... It's actually very safe if you do it correctly... Essentially all you're doing is jumping the "activation" lead on the relays... It's not sending a lot of power to it, just enough to activate the relay. I have this done to my Av... When my High Beams are activated, my Low Beams and Fog Lights stay on with my High Beams. I also have a mod that keeds my DRL's on all the time. I've been running this set-up in my Av ever since I got it with absolutely NO problems...



    It depends on what model year truck you have also, the older ones can't be done as easily.

    Here's the link to the PDF file that a member of the Avalanche Forum made. Headlight Mod Alot of guys have been running this mod for years with no problems. And some of them are doing it with HIDs...

    Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

    2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

    Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

    Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

  8. #8
    The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
    The Realist says, "The glass is too big".

    2007 Chevy Tahoe LS
    Red Sport Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 4A, Stock.

    2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z60 4WD Crew Cab
    Mineral Green Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 6A, Cheap-*ss Mods
    32 Dump Club Member
    Range V8 AFM Eliminator

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    I've always used the diode method... It's actually very safe if you do it correctly... Essentially all you're doing is jumping the "activation" lead on the relays... It's not sending a lot of power to it, just enough to activate the relay. I have this done to my Av... When my High Beams are activated, my Low Beams and Fog Lights stay on with my High Beams. I also have a mod that keeds my DRL's on all the time. I've been running this set-up in my Av ever since I got it with absolutely NO problems...



    It depends on what model year truck you have also, the older ones can't be done as easily.

    Here's the link to the PDF file that a member of the Avalanche Forum made. Headlight Mod Alot of guys have been running this mod for years with no problems. And some of them are doing it with HIDs...
    Any idea where I can find diagrams to help me do this to my truck?

    '01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

  10. #10
    Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tunkhannock, PA (North East)
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Any idea where I can find diagrams to help me do this to my truck?
    THe link I provided is a PDF file that explains it for an Av... Although it won't be exactly the same, it will give you the idea... It's just runing a diode between the activation or trigger post of the relay...

    Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

    2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

    Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

    Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 99 Chevy Silverado Map Light Dome Light OEM USED
    By Steve in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
  2. 100w driving light
    By crash_42 in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
  3. ABS Light and Parking Brake Light Come on during driving
    By truckin in forum Lifted & Offroad Suspension
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 08:48 PM
  4. bypass video shutoff while driving on dvd unit
    By jes1766 in forum Audio, Video & Gadget Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 03:47 PM
  5. Tail light and brake light recall
    By smiddy in forum Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 03:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •