GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Drain interval right from AMSOIL's site.

SERVICE LIFE
    AMSOIL Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline fueled vehicles as follows:

Normal Service(3) Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
    Severe Service(4) Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
    Replace AMSOIL Ea oil filter at the time of oil change up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first (other brands at standard OEM* intervals).
    In all non-gasoline fueled vehicle applications, extend the oil change interval according to oil analysis or follow the OEM* drain interval.
    *OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

No real truck enthusiast could let there vehicle go upwards of 25,000 miles between oil changes without feelin like they let there truck down.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

i dont think i would ever let my truck go that long... but its nice to not have to worry about the oil for a few months atleast.

I've never tried amsoil but i use Royal Purple in my truck and I'm very happy with it.

1987 Chevy Suburban
    5.7 350 with Edelbrock Cam and Intake
    32x11.5x15 tires
    True Dual Series 40 Flowmaster exhaust
    Long Tube Headers

Jr. Apprentice Waldo Castellanos's Avatar

so will the oil change light on my 2000 suburban light up at diferent intervals when switching to synthetic ?

this is my firs vehicle with that light so i don't know if it lights up on mileage or actual need to change the fluid because its not doing its job any more

thanks for the input
    2006 Suburban Z71 / Chevy 350 Powered Jeep YJ / 2001 Jeep XJ

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Synthetics View Post
    I would really like to see what the inside of that engine looked like.
    With 256K would it matter? I bet it didint look as bad as you think.

This is the MSDS for Walmarts oil.....its made by Warren Dist. They manufacture oil for private labels such as WalMart.

http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/35603_1.pdf

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Synthetic oils are great. Been using Mobil 1 in my 96 Tahoe 215K for over a year now. I'll never go back to conventional.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

No the oil life monitor "OLM" is just a computer that calculates multiple things like engine RPM and such. It has nothing to do with the actual oil in the engine. All I do on my vehicles is reset it as I do not go by when using AMSOIL. AMSOIL has been 25,000 mile drain intervals since 1973 when it was the first synthetic oil on the market. Our diesel oils are Three times (3X) OEM* recommendation, not to exceed 50,000 miles/600 hours or one year, whichever comes first. Drain intervals may be extended further with oil analysis.

One of the best benefits with AMSOIL is also the fuel milage increase you will get. Some of the best results I get back from my customers are in 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L Gm engines. Most of these engines get an average of 2 MPG increase from feedback I am getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo Castellanos View Post
    so will the oil change light on my 2000 suburban light up at different intervals when switching to synthetic ?

this is my firs vehicle with that light so i don't know if it lights up on mileage or actual need to change the fluid because its not doing its job any more

thanks for the input
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

I got Amsoil in all the spots. with my 4.3 5 spd 4x4 K1500 picked up a bit over 1mpg in town Green Bay stop and go. Also just shy of 3 (2.8) on the hwy. I'll never go back. Use it in my Harley too!!!!
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

I've considered using Amsoil a few times now, but I usually do oil changes without a lot of planning ahead. So, ordering my oil off the internet wouldn't work so well for me since I can't get Amsoil locally. I am running Castrol synthetic in my Avalanche though because it is a lot lower mileage than my last truck and I can justify the cost. I have my spitfire running on Royal Purple, which is crazy expensive around here, but it will only need an oil change once a year (once I replace the oil pan gasket so it stops dumping it on my garage floor). I feel like the oil life monitor goes for a really long time on this truck though in comparison to my last one considering the amount of driving I have done since I got it.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast