GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gettin smoked?

Blog Entries

with that budget, I'm not sure you're going to get him head to head. maybe you could beat him another way??? gear it with some 4.56s, put in your tuner and challenge him to hook em up (tug O' war)
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

(This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)

you could do a gear swap heads headers cams lower and stiffin your suspension

Quote Originally Posted by tsansone22 View Post
    My budget is no more than $1500 dollars. I'm thinking about buying a JET power programmer, but I don't know if that will do me any good or not. There is nothing special about his truck, he just has a straight 5.7L Hemi with a K/N air filter. I don't care what it takes, but I'm not going to let that piece of crap Dodge have dominion over my Chevy
    I can get you to beat him for less than 1500. K&N cai 270 Tuner Dont get jet it sucks bad. wait4meperformance tune 400 Bucks. Dyno tune Nitrous kit wet 410 Put that on there and you will stomp his Azz you wont just beat him you will embaras him. Total price 1080 + shipping looking at 1150.00 PM me if you want ne info I will hook you up. I slay hemis
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

That would depend on if you wants a long or short term solution. Nitrous is like Jack Daniels, it seems like a good idea at the time. I'm not personally a nitrous guy but yeah, that solution will beat your friends Ram.

ls motors hold nitrous very well if used in moderadtion. U need to spray no more than a 75 shot. That is just enoughf to cool the engine. YOU will stomp that dodge so bad. If you pm me i will tell you the tunes to ask jesse for a w4m and this will help you with the tune. Also put cooler plugs in it will cost you prolly 50 Bucks for them. They guy at dyno tune nitrous will really hook u up on the system I got mine for 400 bucks shipped with a purge system. If you tell him you will buy it rite now for a certan price he will bargan with ya.
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    SS front bumper

hey i dont know how much help this will be. but u need to go check out this web site www.edgeproducts.com and watch the video. ill be getting it for my Z71 when i get some more money

Quote Originally Posted by heavy chevy View Post
    ls motors hold nitrous very well if used in moderadtion. U need to spray no more than a 75 shot. That is just enoughf to cool the engine. YOU will stomp that dodge so bad. If you pm me i will tell you the tunes to ask jesse for a w4m and this will help you with the tune. Also put cooler plugs in it will cost you prolly 50 Bucks for them. They guy at dyno tune nitrous will really hook u up on the system I got mine for 400 bucks shipped with a purge system. If you tell him you will buy it rite now for a certan price he will bargan with ya.

Here's the think with nirtous, you need to plan to use it. You also need to constantly refill it. If you're going to race, wait a minute to heat up your bottle, open your bottle, etc. You run out of it then you're back to the same old truck. I personally would much rather just have the power on tap at all times. As far as the motors holding up, they can, but there are some that can't. Built on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon. My 5.3 died very soon after I started with my mods. You just can't tell till it's too late. Save your $1500 till you have $2000 or so and find yourself a used supercharger and never look back. But hey, that's just my $0.02

I have a 5lb bottle and i get a full 7 passes in the 1/4 at the track. thats plenty enouf to beat a dodge. he wanted to know how to beat a hemi truck for less than 1500 and thats the only way.
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    SS front bumper

Quote Originally Posted by heavy chevy View Post
    I have a 5lb bottle and i get a full 7 passes in the 1/4 at the track. thats plenty enouf to beat a dodge. he wanted to know how to beat a hemi truck for less than 1500 and thats the only way.

I'm not disagreeing with your solution for under $1500. I guess you made my point in your comment as well, what if you wanted to do 8 races? That's all I'm getting at. I agree with you for that budget

On a lighter note since we are on the topic, what do you run in the 1/4?

Lol I have two bottles and there is usually a nitrous fill station where i race at. When i get back from kuwait. I wont have to worry about the nitrous problem. Nitrous is a use if you need it solution and to me this guy need it. I bet his buddy wont be bragging about beating him ne more. The key to it is dont tell the guy with the dodge what your doing just go out and put up and make him shut up.
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    SS front bumper