GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Hesitation/Stumble

Hello to all, I am new to the site.. I have a question about my truck. It is a 2000 Silverado Z71 with the 5.3l engine. When I drive a short distance (about a mile or so, to the corner store) park, get my morning drink, then restart my truck and drive away, it has a stall or hesitation. It has a lack of power and does not want to go. After a short time it will suddenly get its power back and drive fine. When warm, it doesnt do this.. Any ideas?

I am thinking of replacing the mass air flow sensor... I have heard they have some issues from time to time, especially with a cold air intake (k&n)... No check engine light on, but am starting to want to throw parts at it.

sounds like a problem i had a while ago, mine turned out to be the fuel pressure regulater.

Before I started throwing parts at it, I'd at least try some basic diagnostics. A fuel pressure test would help identify any problems in fuel delivery. I'd probably pull codes even though the CEL isn't on -- there may be pending codes to suggest where to look.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World