GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Body lift questions???????

Anyone running a 1.5" zone body lift. I dont like body lifts but i thought the lowest they made them were 3". Im considering getting one, what does it take to install them and can i move my trailer hitch up so it doesnt hang down? Im clueless about body lifts, PLEASE HELP!

IF YOU AINT FIRST, YOUR LAST!

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71
    K&N Intake
    Flowmasters
    6K HID Lows, Highs, Fogs
    3 Piece Billet grille
    De-badged
    Autopage Remote Start
    3000 Watt Stereo System
    Truxedo Bed Cover
    3 Inch lift
    33x11.5 Nittos
    18" Weld Wheels

I don't know about the 1.5" lift. But they are super easy to do. Most of the kits are very complete and cheap. they don't raise you hitch though, they have spacers that fill in the gap between the raised bumper and the hitch. You can do it on the floor with a jack pretty easily.

talked with alot of guys on gmfullsize.com and everyone who has it loves, it, for only 150 bucks why not get it, but id get the new bumper brackets, there only 50 extra for my style truck , not sure for your year
    I own a 2007 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab (new body style). my truck is Red and has the 4.8, basically stock but i got big plans.

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

When i put the 3-inch body lift on my Silverado, it was super easy. I left the rear bumber in its stock position and filled the open space between the tailgate and the bumper with a sweet peice of chrome diamond plate. It looks awsome. You all should try it.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

Sr. Apprentice

Body lifts while they look good keep in mind that they effect the installation and ability to use many aftermarket products. I have a 3" body lift and it caused issues mounting a goose neck hitch, and with a brush guard. If I had it to do over I would not have one on my truck. Just my opinion.

Jr. Apprentice

I was not aware of a 1.5" lift. I was under the belief they came in 2" and 3" block sizes. As to the lift, they are not hard to install, most come with steering shaft extensions if the kit needs them. Typically you have to stretch the break coils below the master cylinder. Some have problems with wiring harness and needing slight adjustments to how and were this is mounted. Spend the money to get a kit that relocates the front bumper. From every thing I ever read about the kits, if you relocate the rear bumper towing is not advised. Get the filler plate that goes between the bumper and the body in the back. Most trucks need some light modifications to the fuel hose with the 3" body lift.

As to the installation, it is relatively easy, a few hours in a garage or drive way with a good jack.
    Benjamin
    Had: 1978 K5 Chevy Blazer monster truck
    1988 1500 GMC Suburban mild mod
    Now: 1994 1500 Chevy Suburban starting modifications
    1991 Buick S&S Hearse

Sr. Apprentice

A 3" body lift was the first choise for me due to price but I asked around and ended up with actual suspencion lift and it was cheaper!! I got 4" spindles for $400 the 3" body lift installed was between $700-900 installed, and splindles are easier to install
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2WD, single cab, 6 lug, 4.8L V8, Flowmaster, K&N GEN 2 FIPK, Black American Eagle Wheels #186 on 33s BFGoodrich All Terrains, cobra CB radio, Kenwood 1000 watt sound system, optima battery red top.