GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ok now time to tackle interior.. 2002 Suburbanan 2500 "commercial"

Ok.

What I'd like is the nicest leather seating set (dark Gray/black/graphite) that I could put into the truck. It would be super if they were heated. Has anyone had any experience putting in a set of seats from an Escalade or Yukon Denali into a suburban?

I'm looking for a good source for a full set of seats, what I have now is graphite colored vinyl seats (I had thought with the window tint that they were blueish when I first saw them) but they are graphite colored seats in the front and middle. The middle seat is basically new, never sat in, the drivers seat beatup, passengers seat ok.

So does anyone know if the wiring to "power seats/heater" is in the floor of my Suburban, or since mine is the base/commercial model (manual roll down windows even) what wiring harness do I need to connect to get the power down on the floor. And where would I go to get a set of nice seats...

Or does anyone know a company that makes a set of leather covers I could take to an upholstery shop, with aftermarket heaters, to use the seat core's I have, then I'd only need a third row seat.

Stephen

Pick-n-pull/Pull-a-part is going to be your friend to do this....
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

Any suggestion of what to pay? or to offer I was thinking $800 for all three rows of leather seats and center console?

Finding the seats is going to probably be a tough one to deal with. The junkyard would be the first place to look, but typically seats are pretty well beat up before reaching the junkyard and at the minimum would need cleaning up or being reupholstered. You may be able to find a set on craigslist or the sort locally.

Wiring, you have a 50/50 shot of the wiring for power seats to be there. GM liked to pre-wire and standardize their wiring harnesses, but of you have the W/T version of the truck, the wiring may not be there. For the power seats though, it's just a constant hot wire that powers the seat. Heated seats will be a switched wire and I think goes through some door switches if not the computer to turn on and off. However, you can manually set it up with a pair of toggle switches on a switched power source.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

There are seats floating around. Start with craigslist and "escalade leather" as a search...
    I like you.

A little info Silverado SS and VHO has heated leather seats in dark gray. Just a couple other vehicles to look at.

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Default Hey got the truck detailed today...

You know the vinyl seats and floor liner look great now...

Anyone know of something different like Sheepskin covers etc for the front seats...

Also how do I get my picture to update?

Quote Originally Posted by stephenwsmith View Post
    Also how do I get my picture to update?
    If your talkin about the one over there <<<<<-----

Edit Profile > Edit Avatar
    Joseph

NRA Life Member

Is it that I am just an "apprentice" or is there something else as I dont see where I can "edit" profile, I see customize profile, but not a place there to change the avatar.

Tool bar at the top of the forum.... Forum Actions > Edit Profile. then on left side of screen menu you will see Edit Avatar.
    Joseph

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast