GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

Default What do you think of green people?

Does anybody get pissed like me when you here people say to go green and that big vehicles are bad? I just cant stand people who want to put stricter rules on how cars and trucks are made.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

It depends on what you mean. People who think we should have clean air and water ... well, who's not for that? But it has to be reasonable and it can NOT kill the economy!

There are nuts out there that want us to go back to horse-and-buggy type of lives where we dont commute for work, fly in airplane, eat red meat, use toilet paper or any of that. I think we can have clean air and water, and still have an economy, and not make our lives just crazy either.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I think that the Green initiative was awesome and still is, but that people are twisting it (ahem, politicians, ahem) to make themselves look good. Not all are guilty, but still. thanks for letting me rant

'01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

A vehicle that is more "green" is okay with me I suppose. But I don't believe in being too extreme about it. I am all for a "greener" move in the auto industry, as long as it doesn't suffer too much on power and can still haul what I want!

Green is good to an extent, there has to be rules or we'd burn the planet out and turn it into a large toxic dump.
    If you ever traveled overseas to countries that have no restrictions you'd understand better.
    While on Active Duty I visited countries that had no rules about chemical use and disposal most of their lakes and rivers were terrible, large fish kills, wierd algie growths, basically nasty water you wouldnt want to touch.
    Sadly I've seen this happen in the U.S when large industrial plants arent kept in check, travel up the Elizabeth river in Va. sometime, they have fish with large red weeping sores from the chemical waste that was dumped in the river.