GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 Last Post byLast Post by

Well after I got out of high school, I enlisted in The Marine Corps Delayed Entry until I tore ligaments in my ankle after rolling it going up and down "Mt. Suribachi" which was a big dirt mound about 150 feet up. Then I went back to crawfishing in the spillway which I started doing as soon as I could drive until I realized that I'm losing money rather than making money. So now I'm wating to take a test to get in the nuke plant where my dad was for 23 years doing preventative maintenance.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Oh and I've been wanting to become a Police Officer either part time or full. 4 cousins are Police Officers and my cousin is married to the chief.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

I'm an EMT and currently in Paramedic school...but I'm injured and on light duty, so I get to sit in an office until my wounds heal. It drives me nuts because I'd rather be out in the field, but it'll come back in just a couple of more weeks. Wouldn't trade my job for anything...It's a great industry to be in, but you have to be what my partner calls, "a special breed of crazy" to do it hahaha.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

I have helped work on our farm ever since I could walk. Obviously I did more and more as I got older. Two years ago I picked up a job with a construction/dirt crew during the slow months of farming. This year I'm at college and am a Lab analyst for Monsanto and I go back home on weekends to farm still. My major is Ag studies with a minor in Precision Ag (Farming with GPS). Absolutely love it.
    Last edited by ChevyHD; 01-02-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

I print business forms for now.Started there 20 yrs ago at the age of 23.At our high point we had over 400 employees.Down to 130 now.Alot of weeks I dont even get in 40 hours but the pay is good and I have no college education to fall back on.I'll stay there until they close the doors.And like Chevy HD I too help on the family farm.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeAaron View Post
    Very cool guys. Great to see the replies continue.

Think im going to go with graphic/web design. My mom is a graphic designer, I had my own little t-shirt business which dealt with the designing, I enjoy it and im good at it. Only thing swaying my decision is sitting at a computer all day. I am very ADD and actually enjoy manual labor.
    I got a BA in Communication and an MA in Human Behavior. After college I did an internship with a small graphic design company, I had some interest in that field. But I found it wasnt the right place for me. It can be an exciting and energetic environment for the right person though. I am now trying to get in the military, preferably as an officer. Id probably get out after a few years and get into law enforcement.
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.

Legend

Blog Entries

I'm an elevator service technician with Otis Elevator Co. For the last 25 years. I started in the trade in 1987 in Rochester,NY and transferred to Myrtle Beach, SC in 1994. Worked for a Heating,Plumbing & Electrical contractor from 85-87. Served in US Army from 83-85
    Last edited by Red Z71 Max; 01-02-2012 at 08:55 PM.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Legend
    Blog Entries

I am a Law Enforcement Officer in British Columbia, Canada. It is an exciting career, but can be dangerous sometimes.. Adrenaline rush! Been an Officer in different sectors of the law enforcement community from a criminal investigator, to a park warden to special constable dealing with drugs now to Officer for 10 years now. Been a decade of stories, experiences, and excitement. I will continue to pursue my career in this field until I feel the need to leave. But for right now, I am lovin' every moment, and I get to wear a cool uniform too.

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Jr. Mechanic

Police and EMS...... also in school for nursing right now... 2 careers aren't enough....

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Well after I got out of high school, I enlisted in The Marine Corps Delayed Entry until I tore ligaments in my ankle after rolling it going up and down "Mt. Suribachi" which was a big dirt mound about 150 feet up. Then I went back to crawfishing in the spillway which I started doing as soon as I could drive until I realized that I'm losing money rather than making money. So now I'm wating to take a test to get in the nuke plant where my dad was for 23 years doing preventative maintenance.

Oh and I've been wanting to become a Police Officer either part time or full. 4 cousins are Police Officers and my cousin is married to the chief.
    I've been down to Waterford 3 a couple of times. Had a couple of interviews across the street at Dow. Now I'm an Operator at Marathon down in Garyville.
    ---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Currently spend approximately 40 hours a week volunteering at the local food bank. It keeps me busy until my next employer comes along and decides he wants someone who will grow his business. Had some interviews over the past couple of years but the majority say I have too much experience. Cop out? Yup it is but they can't say you are too old. That would violate age discrimination laws.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"