GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Feedback on Banks

Does anyone have any experience with the banks cold air kit, i'm looking to get something and i'm not really feeling k&n. I bought one for my 97 and was unimpressed so if anyone has any pointers or advice on any and not just banks, i would really appreciate it, thanks.
    Andy
    05 Silverado 1500 Z71 Until 6/5/12

Straight Pipe Dual Exhaust
    LED Third Brake Light
    Ram Air Cowl Induction Hood
    Edelbrock Shorty Headers
    DeBadged

Cool Feedback on Banks

I have a Banks CAI on my 05 Z-71, 5.3. Best CAI I've every had and I've had on this truck K&N, Airaid, Volant and AEM and the Banks quality and performance just cant be beat, IMO.

i too am interested in the banks system i also like the way the exhaust sounds and they seem to have a sale going on right now too. i am impressed with there customer service too as i sent an email a few days ago and received a phone call not less than two days later on the matter.
    99 Silverado Ext Cab Z71 Third Door
    All stock for now

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Randomsoleil View Post
    i too am interested in the banks system i also like the way the exhaust sounds and they seem to have a sale going on right now too. i am impressed with there customer service too as i sent an email a few days ago and received a phone call not less than two days later on the matter.
    that means they like money...
    If they really are that good let us know what you get... reviews are great..
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

This summer I will have had my CAI and Exhaust from banks for a year now...

I have a banks CAI and banks exhaust on my 06' 1500 5.3 4x4....

The CAI, good is that the filer is washable/re-usable and does make any annoying intake wines. I really didnt notice any huge increase in MPG or a big difference towing. I mean I wouldn't put one on and expect to be like, "whoa, my truck feels like a top fuel dragster". It does seem to be a little more responsive and maybe have a touch more power up top... For the money, if I had to do it over again I tihnk I probably would have gone with a Volant intake and a Gibson exhaust...

On the banks exhaust, sounds good, throaty, very mellow tone at idle. The thing that really bothers me about this exhaust is that right around 2k if the truck is under load (say towing up hill) it does this absolutely annoying re-verb through the cab that is super loud. If you are trying to hold a conversation everyone really has to talk louder...

I ordered my stuff directly through banks, as they will price match if you find it cheaper (they gave me Jegs pricing on the intake and exhaust). The sales guy said I would have everything by the end of the week. I got my exhaust the following week and had to wait over a month for the intake since they were missing a rubber boot. I called 3 different times and got a major run around on shipping dates, so that was annoying. When I wrote a letter to CS voicing my complaints with getting a run around I never gt a response... I mean if its on back order for parts I can understand that, just dont keep promising a couple more days over and over again when its really gonna be a month....

That drives me nuts, i would rather be disappointed with a straight answer than to get my hopes up on bs. Thanks for the info guys it really helps to hear from people who use it than just people whose job is to sell it.
    Andy
    05 Silverado 1500 Z71 Until 6/5/12

Straight Pipe Dual Exhaust
    LED Third Brake Light
    Ram Air Cowl Induction Hood
    Edelbrock Shorty Headers
    DeBadged

Cool Feedback on Banks

I ordered mine from Jegs.com and had it in three days.