GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default No Heat [Expired Topic]

The heat went out in my wife's 05 Equinox last winter. Fortunately, we live in Houston and winters are generally mild an don't last that long. I am pretty sure it's the blend doors like all the others I have heard about.

Has anyone else had this issue?

What did you do to get it fixed?

How much was it? I have had quotes from $800 to $1300 for the labor to replace this $45 part.

Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy_nox View Post
    The heat went out in my wife's 05 Equinox last winter. Fortunately, we live in Houston and winters are generally mild an don't last that long. I am pretty sure it's the blend doors like all the others I have heard about.

Has anyone else had this issue?

What did you do to get it fixed?

How much was it? I have had quotes from $800 to $1300 for the labor to replace this $45 part.

Any help appreciated.
    when you switch to different modes do you hear the door move ... also, are you sure your thermostate is ok, if stuck open you won't get heat either.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeezzz View Post
    when you switch to different modes do you hear the door move ... also, are you sure your thermostate is ok, if stuck open you won't get heat either.

I took apart the dash enough to verify I can hear the door move, so I am pretty sure it's not the issue.

How can you tell if the thermostat is stuck open? Is it just a go in and put a new one in kind of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by chevy_nox View Post
    I took apart the dash enough to verify I can hear the door move, so I am pretty sure it's not the issue.

How can you tell if the thermostat is stuck open? Is it just a go in and put a new one in kind of thing?
    if its stuck open, the air temp will be luke warm at best and gauge will remain on the low side, with very little needle movment, when the thermostat operates correctly, the air temp is very hot and theres a fair bit of movement. the needle will in most cases will ride around half mark at the high end and just slightly above the 1/4 mark after the thermostat has opened.