GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Rust spots on my 2009 Silverado

While washing my truck today i noticed a whole bunch of surface rust spots all over my tailgate.My truck is white so they were easy to see.Called my dealer and he said to bring it in.He said it could be some film over my clear coat thats causing the spots or he said it could be coming from under the paint,i rubbed a few away but there was 1 or 2 that would not come off with a light rub.Anybody out there ever see or hear of this before?
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

dont sweat it it just particulate from your brakes that stick to your paint and it looks like a rust spot ......you can get them off with a good wash and a buff ..!!!......99% of vehicles will have it ...it just shows up on white the most !!

yup I had it to. a pre wax cleaner takes it off. check the sides of the box down near the bumper. I have some pictures I can find later if you want. Just little rust colored dots.

cheap stock brake pads.ceramic is the way to go.
    95 tahoe 2dr 4x4 200,000+ miles

they usually cover it under warranty for the first year. It comes right off with a little elbow grease and some glaze, or compound. It happens to every truck but usually the only way you can see it is on lighter colored vehicles. Best thing to do is get ceramic pads and keep the thing waxed.

Thank you guys for all the info.I really appreciate your time in answering my post
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"