GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Work Truck Difference

Besides the cosmetic differences (power windows, power door locks, chrome bumpers, carpet etc) is their any difference drive train, insulation etc between a "Work Truck" and say a SL/SLE, LT/LTE etc?

where ever the pipeline takes me in canada
    Blog Entries

my buddy has the WT 5.3 and its bear bones nothin fancy no power (i.e windows and locks) and rubber floors steel wheels its like my LTZ but with nothin at all a farm truck pritty much.
    08 LTZ 5.3L
    ext cab reg box
    ranch hand bumper
    74 gal slip tank in box
    magnaflow off the side in front of pass tire
    green preformance cold air intake
    airrade spacer
    bully dog tuner
    alpine nav deck JL10inch stealth sub and 350watt amp

Quote Originally Posted by machboat View Post
    Besides the cosmetic differences (power windows, power door locks, chrome bumpers, carpet etc) is their any difference drive train, insulation etc between a "Work Truck" and say a SL/SLE, LT/LTE etc?
    Nope, no difference at all. The work trucks are just a stripped down package designed to provide cheap and durable fleet vehicles.

'01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

Master Mechanic

my truck is a "work truck" model and its bare bones. but i've replace the center console with a jump seat, z-71 wheels and installed the overhead console. i've also thinkin about putting actuall carpet in it to cover the rubber floor. i've had a few people say theres no way its a work truck model after the lift and everything.

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

my truck is a work truck model, but thats what i like! work truck i think would be less problems to have later on.
    Carl
    2005 GMC Sierra 1500, reg cab, 4.8 ltr, 5 spd, 4X4, Flowmaster 40 series w/3" exhaust pipes & 4" tips. ReadyLift torsion bar keys(part#66-3000), K&N air filter (soon to be getting a AFE Pro Dry S airfilter), & airbox mod .

Sr. Apprentice

I also have a WT model and love it. My mom has a farm and mud on my vinyl floor is much easier to clean than carpet.

My old SUV had all the luxuries, and after one trip offroad (mudding) the windows did not want to go up easily at all. Heres some pics of the aftermath of said trip:

04 Silverado RCSB 4x4
    4.3 MT
    33" Firestone Destination MT's
    Flowmaster 40

Ok That's what I thought. I am not really interested in all the whistles and bells. All they do is break. I have a 2000 Silverado LS and this winter when it would get cold the electric windows (even without ice on them) wouldn't go down and the electric door lock on the driver side wouldn't work. To get out I would crawl over the console and go out the passenger door. Think about that if you were in a wreck and landed on the passenger door. Or and FYI the 2000 is a thread door.

My primary concern is just to make sure that the insulation (therefore quietness of the cab) is the same as the rest of the Silverados and that the drvie trains are the same.

I got the WT 5.3 4x4 model, but it came with the LS package (chrome bumper, grill, carpet and power locks/remote). The WT is missing a couple of gauges that the other models have (at least the NNBS does), no leather steering wheel and the 4x4 transfer case shifter is manual on the floor instead of electric on the dash. I love mine, but I do wish it had power windows.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Manual transfer case shift and vinyl floor. vs electronic shift and carpet. Man I miss the old days no carpet and manual shifts made life much easier.
    1998 Chevy Z71 Ext. Cab
    2010 Ford Fusion SE
    2001 Yamaha Kodiak

Almost Heaven

Master Mechanic

that was something that helped me decide on my truck was the transfer case shifter was on the floor. i like it so much better grabing the shifter and knowing that its going in!!

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast