GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Gvwr door tag weight on 1993 sierra k1500 5.7"

I have problems in Norway ,to get registrated my car.
    Can anybody help me get the the original Gross Vehicle Weight documents for a GMC sierra 1993 ? The weight should be about 6615 IBS 3000 KG . its like whats writen in the driver side door ( but somebody have painted over it) Its a 5,7 L V8
    The WIN nr its 2GTEK19K4P1525751 and it must be for that car you can see pictures of the car in my album. And it must be from GMC US
    Last edited by GMSIERRAF1; 02-17-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Dont tink someone can help me on this one ,but it dosent hurt to try

About the car GMC Sierra K-1500 1993 5,7 L V8

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

I did a quick google search Sierra K 1500 5.7 GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT RATING but no real luck.

The numbers you mention-6615 lbs seem dead on. You 4x4 extended cab would weigh about 5000-5200 lbs before adding fuel and cargo- a bed load of 1200 lbs seems about right for a 4X4. They always have slightly less carrying and towing capacity that the 4X2s because of the extra 200-300 lbs of 4x4 "stuff"

Have you tried to remove the paint from the door tag?Maybe try a tiny bit of paint remover-very carefully of course, so you don't destroy the tag??

My 1998 2wd 1500 Suburban has a 6800 lb GVWR, so 6615 lbs for your is certainly very close to correct.

You should reword and repost this question WITH THIS HEADING
    "GVWR DOOR TAG WEIGHT ON 1993 SIERRA K1500 5.7"

Someone here certainly has a 93 4x4 1500 chevy or GM-same same. They will take a look at their door and give you the answer. It is probably about the same for all of that particular body style model.

Try to uncover that door tag- your DMV(DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES) will probably accept that, but will require some sort of "proof" for anything else you find.Don't guess you have the owners manual?
    The glove box will have lots of "codes" one of them might give a hint on GVWR.

Luck
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Default Gvwr door tag weight on 1993 sierra k1500 5.7"

Thank you for the answer ,and the tips. I have already ask GM -USA they told me the total gross weight was 3000Kg ore 6615 Ibs This is total weigth .... with max. cargo car and pasengers. What i need is a docoment to prof that this is the right total weight of the car. And it have to be a original to that car.
    I have tryed to get help from GM Usa and Norway...... The only one that is any helpfull is GM US.... But i dont tink they can help me ider....

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

n If the door tag is just painted over, you can probably lift the paint with careful application of some sort of paint remover.

CAREFUL IS THE TRICK. Apply it with a Q-tip-leave it on, once it is slightly soft, gently scrape it off with thin wood of plastic, and hose it with water or whatever the bottle instructions say to use.

You are trying to lift/soften the paint, while not destroying the more or less paper or plastic "sticker" on the door.

Work slowly, and start somewhere well below the door tag so you get a feel for how your paint remover is going to work.

Plan B for me would be to hunt for a "fake" or reproduction door tag.Hunt USA sites for it.There are reproductions for EVERYTHING having to do with cars since people are constantly restoring old vehicles.
    You do have to be careful with this, since your DMV might consider it illegal.I would put the new sticker on and attempt to age it a bit. Maybe I shouldn't suggest this, but...

Luck
    Charlie

Default Thank you Charlie !

Good tip. But can you help me get some from another car ? docouments ore door tag , Dmv. dont understand anyting...anyway they just care about rules

Ore even better if someone, knows sombody in a GMC authorized dealership. That could e mail me the documents I need it would be great . You now GM Norway tell me to contact GM US, and GM US tell me to contact GM Norway and so on......................................

And DMV wants papers from Usa not Gm norway they want from fabric ore someting.

Default Can someone Please help me with this ! Very important

Quote Originally Posted by GMSIERRAF1 View Post
    I have problems in Norway ,to get registrated my car.
    Can anybody help me get the the original Gross Vehicle Weight documents for a GMC sierra 1993 ? The weight should be about 6615 IBS 3000 KG . its like whats writen in the driver side door ( but somebody have painted over it) Its a 5,7 L V8
    The WIN nr its 2GTEK19K4P1525751 and it must be for that car you can see pictures of the car in my album. And it must be from GMC US
    Can someone please help me with this ! Its very important for me , Icant get my car registrated

i dont know if this will get you any info on the weight but maybe car fax could get you the orgianl docs that you need i think it costs money ( i have never used them) but i might be worth a shot

Default Thanks

Thanks..........But i tryed ... Now i just got the original documents from Us Now i only need a new door tag .I will Try with pain remover on the old one. Ore if anybody now about a door tag let me now please