GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

I'm sorry to hear that. Is anything damaged in the MAF? How did you remove the baffle, and what does it look like now? If your engine has a distributor, then you might want to check timing. But don't mess with it unless it's off. Typically the computer is usually good at adjusting these little mods to an extent. I think your situation is the first I've heard of. It seems very strange that your truck is even having these problems, unless there's an underlying issue with the vehicle. If need be, I would shop around online first for the OE parts you need before wasting fuel and money looking for them. Try craigslist, ebay, syty.com, search far and wide till you get what you want for cheap. Once again I'm sorry this didn't work out for you.
    Aloha Nui Loa

Sr. Engineer

It is not recommended to descreen the MAF, can cause engine issues.
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

Default 2004 Chevy silverado

I have a 2004 silverado after i bought the truck the first thing I was going to do is remove the maf screen. Pulled it off and to my surprise the newer trucks don't have a screen in them. I worked for a Chevy dealer here and they must have just started that around the new body style 2002+.

Hey Mike - in an earlier post you said you had problems with iridium plugs. Is this based on your own experience with them? What type and brand of platinum plugs are you running now?

Legend
    Blog Entries

I understand that taking the MAF screen/honeycomb out, increases air flow, but why does GM put it in there? To straighten out the air flow? To diffuse the airflow?
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Does anyone have a picture of the TB plate mod. I'm ready to start this on my 98

I have a 2000 blazer and a 1999 jimmy...
    my blazer has over 200k km on it and has a K&N cold air intake, a Hypertech programmer... tried a throttlebody spacer, but with the CAI it doesnt fit under the hood. lol
    my jimmy i bought for a steal of a deal to replace the blazer, since someone stole and crashed it. but before i transfer all the mods i need to fix it up

on to the power stuff tho, the CAI was the most noticeable modification to me, the TBS did nothing noticeable, for mileage or power. then came the programmer, i had it tuned for premium fuel, to shift harder (can change shift points) and took off the speed limiter... well set it to 300kmh, good luck blazer i did notice a gain in fuel econmy but i dont know the numbers. it gave me about 20-50 km extra per tank. the CAI added a bit to that too, but both mods were put on in the same tank. the mileage is only better when you dont lean on the gas though but with all the extra stuff it sounds so much cooler when you do, you can guess how i was driving it tho.

Just so everyone knows, if you remove the baffle from the butterfly valve in your throttle body ( depending on your method of removal ). You will have holes left in your butterfly valve. If you don't fill these holes, you WILL have runability issues... the center most hole is designed to be for idle air. But I filled all holes with small nut and bolts with threadlocker so as not to come loose and fall into the manifold. I am interested in any comments about adding a programmer and what the gains are in real life (not dyno) I already know what the dyno says.

Okay my question is I put true duels on my 08 Silverado from the cats back they used 2 1/2 pipes and nothing happened except it got louder no more power or fuel mileage. Should I have had them run a H pipe?

Hey guys I have an 08 4.3 and have duels just got the jet programer part number 15008 and it has helped a lot. Worth the $350 it is on summit. On high fuel grade grtting about 22mpg on highway with a 3.5in lift and 33's. so it help alot with MPG gave me about 12 more MPG. No low end power but adds a lot of high end HP. Speeds up like a v8 from 55 and above. Getting a CAI and TBS on Monday or Tuesday ill let you know how those work.