GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

http://www.s-10crewcab.net/og1/modinfo/tbmod/tbmod.html

This is a link to a how-to throttle body plate mod.
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

hey thanks for ur input, unfortunately my technical jargon dosent compute when u talk about MAF s what r these please. U too be a mechanic years ago and i live in London so names may be different, cheers, John.

Quote Originally Posted by gary.pank View Post
    hey thanks for ur input, unfortunately my technical jargon dosent compute when u talk about MAF s what r these please. U too be a mechanic years ago and i live in London so names may be different, cheers, John.

Your MAF is your Mass Airflow Sensor I believe. Essentially you find your airbox, and follow the tubing, on my 04' Silverado 4.3 it's right after the box, so it connects to a box then has piping going to the throttle body.

I've been looking up some stuff tonight on 4.3L Vortec's and I've seen some things I can discredit off the bat:

Tornado junk in your airflow don't make it spin and get better fuel economy.
    TB Spacers don't help, the intake manifolds built today are spaced pretty accurately for max efficiency.
    Most of those "chips" on eBay don't work for gas mileage. HP yes but mpg no. Although his idea about placing a resistor is pretty intriguing. I may try this soon.

I have heard cutting the baffle off the TB is a good thing, but I've also heard it causes engine rumble or something-look into this deeply before trying it. Have someone who is skilled with a dremel do it for you... while your at it polish your Throttle Body, get a real high grit sand paper and polish the holy hell out of it! If you can't shave with your throttle body then you sir are a dumbass for messing with the baffle and not looking at polishing your TB.

Ease your foot off the gas... start focusing on doing 55mpg as much as possible, easy breaking and easy acceleration is the best. My 04 Silverado 4.3L gets it's best MPG at roughly 40mph. I notice my RPMs drop to 1000.

Don't waste money on fuel injection cleanings at a dealership, get some sea foam and pour it into the gas tank. they also make a aerosol kind that is sprayed into the intake system-works wonders.

Check your vacuum lines! Make sure there are NO LEAKS!!!!!!!!! on these new motors vacuum lines are the most important thing. Between Columbus, OH and Ft. Knox KY I was averaging 21-22mpg with no mods, all about how I drove and some up keep.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234