GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Clarion CX 609

Default Clarion CX 609

Hello...Thinking about getting the Clarion CX609 to replace the OEM HU in my 04 Silverado ext cab. Does anyone here have one ? I have read alot of reviews and is looks like alot of them....take the good with the bad and if it has the features you like then try it. There are a few things that I'm concerned about.
    The radio reception...some reviews say its a little week but others say its ok ?
    Is the 2 volt RCA outputs that big of a deal , when Pioneer has 4 volt ? ( I am planing on running a powered sub off the back speakers )
    I wonder if the radio station info scrolls the screen with the artist name, song name ?
    I do like that you can set the color to match the other dash lights....I like keeping the stock look as much as I can.
    Any input... thoughts.... suggestions on this head unit ? Good or Bad....let me have it
    Thanks,
    Mike

I don't have that exact deck but was a dealer for a number of years and have had Clarion decks in my last 4 or 5 vehicles and have no complaints.

Thanks for the comments .....I'm undecided on a new head unit between this Clairion CX 609 and a Pioneer FH P8000BT.....I don't need NAV or all the fancy touch screen stuff , just something that is better than stock and one that is stock looking with out being so bright that it blinds you at night
    Thanks TYMBOM

Just installed one. Sounds great. The controls take a bit to master. It can change the colors to match the factory ones and the blue tooth works great.Also it has USB for a flash drive or you can plug your Ipod right into it. ALL in all its a nice piece.

Thank You Dr Len.......that's encouraging

Heres some pics of the install I did in my sons friends KIA Sportage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3060104.jpg   P3060105.jpg  
    Last edited by Dr Len; 03-06-2010 at 05:37 PM.