GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by Ridyn View Post
    Last thing you want to do is go higher than either spec requires. If you end up with melted wires, you'll know why.

Always start low, and work your way up. You might only need 15A fuse. But who knows, it might last forever with no issues.
    So going with a 15A is safer?
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

I own my own window tinting business in Naples, FL and i do some aftermarket things like vent visors, bug shields and a little car audio. I would really like to get into installing HID conversion kits, i have seen the installation videos online and it seems like easy money plus i have about 5 vehicles of friends and family who want them installed at cost to get my feet wet. What my question is i would like to stock these rather then have to special order for each vehicle. With that said i have about 5 questions i would love to have answered. 1> Where can i get a list to all makes and models that specify H1,H2,H3, ETC... I would assume you don't look in every vehicles manual to figure it out if your a a shop offering the install of these. 2> If i have $1,000- $2,000 dollars to do a bulk order i would think i can get the kits for 25-30 dollars each as most places i find with good reviews are selling them for about $35 dollars but i am yet to check out the site you are pushing the vvsomething.com which i will be checking out as soon as i post this. but my question is how do i know what to order more of, H1-H12? 3> I understand most customers like the blue affect or the really bright which will be 4300k or 12000k so bulb selection wise i will mostly be ordering these with a small quantity of each in between. Is there a way to set it up so i can show potential customers what each bulb will look like once warmed up, meaning when you go to best buy you can play with the audio stuff they have in the walls is there a test thing i can set up which will illuminate the bulbs. 4> Each market will be different depending on location but after i figure out exactly what i am doing how long should each install take me roughly and how much should i be marking these up if i was buying them for say 30 dollars per kit.... 5> I see sometimes Thank you all in advance sorry to ask so many questions i just have been pondering this for weeks now and could not find any good info after 20 google searches. For some reason tonight i decided to put the word forum in my search which lead me to a 3 post thread that lead to what appears to be the bible of HID forums thanks

Finally installed my HID's. 55w 5000k low beams with the relay harness. I have to double check my connections though as my passenger light didn't ignite once or twice. Other than that, they are great. Nice and bright and drove past a few cops without getting pulled over. And also have yet to be flashed by oncoming traffic so I guess I am good to go. Not really any blue tint and they seem to be the same color as the BMW HIDs. So I got the color I wanted and am happy with the result. Don't think I will ever want halogen again haha

What about bi-xenon's for a 04 Silverado 1500? Does that give you a low/high beam with one kit? VVME has one for $80. I assume it's one ballast for each side.
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ext cab and stepside bed.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011