GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 103 of 239 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2390

Only thing I did with my truck today was get my sunglasses out of it but I did hit the road for the day with my Kids & Parents via their Silverado.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dadstruck.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	40341
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

Only real thing I did was poured a tad bit of seafoam into my oirl and gonna change it tomorrow probably with Royal Purnurple and a K&N filter. Gonna clean out the inside and thats about it unless I disconnect the LEDs behind the speaker mesh...too bright.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

I installed a nice and loud air horn set up in the Burb today.
    I got tired of people cutting me off or turning right in front of me like I was some small invisible hybrid. So now I'll get to leave a lasting impression on the idiots of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    I installed a nice and loud air horn set up in the Burb today.
    I got tired of people cutting me off or turning right in front of me like I was some small invisible hybrid. So now I'll get to leave a lasting impression on the idiots of the road.
    What did you install? A pre-made unit or did you roll your own? I'm asking because I am toying with the idea of installing one and it'd be nice to pick someone's brain on it...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    What did you install? A pre-made unit or did you roll your own? I'm asking because I am toying with the idea of installing one and it'd be nice to pick someone's brain on it...
    It was just a cheap 3 horn set up from Harbor Freight. I have no idea on how to make my own, but I'd LOVE to find out how to do one of those super loud one's that sound like a train!
    But this one will suffice for the job at hand. The packaging says it's rated at 135 decibles. I have no way of decerning whether or not that's accurate other than to say it's at least 2 times louder than my stock horns.

It was just a cheap 3 horn set up from Harbor Freight. I have no idea on how to make my own, but I'd LOVE to find out how to do one of those super loud one's that sound like a train!
    But this one will suffice for the job at hand. The packaging says it's rated at 135 decibles. I have no way of decerning whether or not that's accurate other than to say it's at least 2 times louder than my stock horns.
    Awww I was hoping you did a train horn. That's the path I'm considering...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Awww I was hoping you did a train horn. That's the path I'm considering...
    Well if you ever figure out how to do it such as where to get the horns and what type of compressor to use.....Let me know! As I said above, I'd LOVE to put something like that in the Burb someday!

Well if you ever figure out how to do it such as where to get the horns and what type of compressor to use.....Let me know! As I said above, I'd LOVE to put something like that in the Burb someday!
    I do well enough with electrical; that's not my issue. Mount locations are the concern as I'm very tight on space under the hood and am willing to give up zero bed space or cab space for the tank...

I take it a set up like that would require a seperate tank to store the needed amount of compressed air??

That's what I've read. There are some compressors that might do the job for short bursts but I'd prefer to have a 3-6 gallon tank on board. That means on-board air which can get spendy... and if I'm going to do it I might as well do it in such a way that I can run air tools off it, too. I'm in no rush on this project; it's going to be a long, long while, I think.