GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 103 of 239 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2390
  1. #1021
    Sr. Mechanic dadngt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Only thing I did with my truck today was get my sunglasses out of it but I did hit the road for the day with my Kids & Parents via their Silverado.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dadstruck.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	40341
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

  2. #1022

    Default

    Only real thing I did was poured a tad bit of seafoam into my oirl and gonna change it tomorrow probably with Royal Purnurple and a K&N filter. Gonna clean out the inside and thats about it unless I disconnect the LEDs behind the speaker mesh...too bright.



    If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

    Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

  3. #1023

    Default

    I installed a nice and loud air horn set up in the Burb today.
    I got tired of people cutting me off or turning right in front of me like I was some small invisible hybrid. So now I'll get to leave a lasting impression on the idiots of the road.

  4. #1024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    I installed a nice and loud air horn set up in the Burb today.
    I got tired of people cutting me off or turning right in front of me like I was some small invisible hybrid. So now I'll get to leave a lasting impression on the idiots of the road.
    What did you install? A pre-made unit or did you roll your own? I'm asking because I am toying with the idea of installing one and it'd be nice to pick someone's brain on it...

  5. #1025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    What did you install? A pre-made unit or did you roll your own? I'm asking because I am toying with the idea of installing one and it'd be nice to pick someone's brain on it...
    It was just a cheap 3 horn set up from Harbor Freight. I have no idea on how to make my own, but I'd LOVE to find out how to do one of those super loud one's that sound like a train!
    But this one will suffice for the job at hand. The packaging says it's rated at 135 decibles. I have no way of decerning whether or not that's accurate other than to say it's at least 2 times louder than my stock horns.

  6. #1026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    It was just a cheap 3 horn set up from Harbor Freight. I have no idea on how to make my own, but I'd LOVE to find out how to do one of those super loud one's that sound like a train!
    But this one will suffice for the job at hand. The packaging says it's rated at 135 decibles. I have no way of decerning whether or not that's accurate other than to say it's at least 2 times louder than my stock horns.
    Awww I was hoping you did a train horn. That's the path I'm considering...

  7. #1027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Awww I was hoping you did a train horn. That's the path I'm considering...
    Well if you ever figure out how to do it such as where to get the horns and what type of compressor to use.....Let me know! As I said above, I'd LOVE to put something like that in the Burb someday!

  8. #1028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    Well if you ever figure out how to do it such as where to get the horns and what type of compressor to use.....Let me know! As I said above, I'd LOVE to put something like that in the Burb someday!
    I do well enough with electrical; that's not my issue. Mount locations are the concern as I'm very tight on space under the hood and am willing to give up zero bed space or cab space for the tank...

  9. #1029

    Default

    I take it a set up like that would require a seperate tank to store the needed amount of compressed air??

  10. #1030

    Default

    That's what I've read. There are some compressors that might do the job for short bursts but I'd prefer to have a 3-6 gallon tank on board. That means on-board air which can get spendy... and if I'm going to do it I might as well do it in such a way that I can run air tools off it, too. I'm in no rush on this project; it's going to be a long, long while, I think.

Similar Threads

  1. I Seafoamed my truck today.
    By ZSI52 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 47
    Last: 09-03-2012, 01:32 PM
  2. Put the truck in the ditch today
    By pmf608 in forum Chevy Truck Talk & GM News
    Replies: 21
    Last: 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
  3. Truck died twice today...
    By texas99lb in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 10
    Last: 01-06-2010, 01:13 AM
  4. Truck in the shop today...
    By Delmarva in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 0
    Last: 11-11-2009, 11:39 AM
  5. truck over reved today?
    By etpn13 in forum GM Powertrain
    Replies: 2
    Last: 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •