GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 106 of 239 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2390

looks likea good hitch @surreal. im gonna try and get an exhaust vid of my truck today, no promises.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I put a new gas tank in the old girl. 200,000 miles.

I drove it today and need to put gas in it
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Today I researched (and measured for) adjustable drop hitches ... and narrowed my preferences down to a 6" (adjustable) drop hitch from either DiversiTech (http://www.diversi-tech.net/Hitches%20Page.htm) or Andersen Manufacturing (http://www.andersenhitches.com/Catalog/rapid-hitch.aspx). I liked the locking mechanisms and tight integration of the Diversitech offerings the best, however, I also realized that they are over-engineered for my use, as I will need an external locking mechanism and additional key to keep my receiver cover in place -- which basically negates all the nice locking stuff and single key approach the Diversitech offerings have going on.

I also noted that Diversitech only offers 2" & 2 5/16" ball combos; there was no 1 7/8" & 2" ball combo option from Diversitech. I'm far more prone to needing 1 7/8" or 2" than something larger, as I've only got a 1500 (and, thus, won't be towing monster loads that need huge hitch balls), thus, I ordered the 6" drop Rapid Hitch with 1 7/8" & 2" ball combo -- made by Andersen Manufacturing. Hopefully I see it by the middle of next week.
    I hope you like the hitch. I have 2 that I carry. The first pic is a Masterlock Adjustable (2841AT but I think its discontinued) its a 7 3/4" drop to 6 1/4" rise. It was $75 at kragen. the thing I liked was that you can adjust the height with the trailer attached for leveling using a 7/8 wrench or 3/8 ratchet (has a worm drive type setup in the main drop section). Its a very solid hitch. I have a 2" ball on this one. The second one I carry is a cheap adjustable one (harbor freight $25) with a 1 7/8" ball that I use for a small water trailer (about 900lbs) at work. It has up to 11" drop and 10" rise. Needed this one because of the short trailer. even with the 11" drop the front end is still up a little on the trailer but close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-06-07_09-21-17_450.jpg   2012-06-07_09-22-46_739.jpg  
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    NRA Life Member

@dsfloyd, the Master Lock 2841AT is still sold; Tools Now, an Amazon vendor, has it on Amazon's site for about 80 bucks. I looked at it and liked the concept, but in reading the reviews I noticed multiple individuals reporting that there's a dead zone where it can't adjust. (i.e. it can only do about 2" drop to 7" drop .... and 2" rise to 7" rise; it apparently cannot do anything between +2" and -2".)

I toyed with the idea of a 10" drop Rapid Hitch from Andersen Manufacturing but felt that'd be too much for most of my needs (and was worried about scraping in some situations). If I find I need more drop it I can simply order the 10" shank and transfer the other parts to it, when needed in the field ... in 20 seconds flat, which is a win. Spendy, though...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    @dsfloyd, the Master Lock 2841AT is still sold; Tools Now, an Amazon vendor, has it on Amazon's site for about 80 bucks. I looked at it and liked the concept, but in reading the reviews I noticed multiple individuals reporting that there's a dead zone where it can't adjust. (i.e. it can only do about 2" drop to 7" drop .... and 2" rise to 7" rise; it apparently cannot do anything between +2" and -2".)

I toyed with the idea of a 10" drop Rapid Hitch from Andersen Manufacturing but felt that'd be too much for most of my needs (and was worried about scraping in some situations). If I find I need more drop it I can simply order the 10" shank and transfer the other parts to it, when needed in the field ... in 20 seconds flat, which is a win. Spendy, though...

I could see where the +/- 2" would be not useable as you cant adjust through the block, but thats where the screw drive is for the adjustment with it loaded, plus with the height of my truck I am not sure where I would even use that. every trailer so far has been at the bottom of the drop. I liked the Idea of being able to adjust loaded. the larger drop one was simply a solution for the really small trailer and probably wont be used for anything else, the angle was just rediculous with the 7 3/4 inch drop. I saw the one you got and its a very nice hitch, and is one that I had looked at when I was checking out hitches. And isnt everything way too spendy, especially on our trucks.

Also, the mods you have done to your truck are looking great. I will have to hit you up if I need help/advice when/if I ever get around to upgrading the big 3.
    David
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    And isnt everything way too spendy, especially on our trucks.

Also, the mods you have done to your truck are looking great. I will have to hit you up if I need help/advice when/if I ever get around to upgrading the big 3.
    Not everything is spendy ... but it seems like the things I want/like are rarely cheap. :(

Thanks for the compliment; just shoot me a PM if you have Big 3 questions or if you think I can save you time on material selection; the upgrade is easy but the devil is in the details. (1st rule on this one: don't skimp on your wire; avoid CCA.)

@Ape, @LOVINTHESTORM Thanks, I haven't had a chance to take it back in yet, but yeh it is irritating..hopefully the next time i take it in they will figure it out.

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

I took off my grill and painted it with the dupli-color shadow chrome black out kit. Cleaned it up with dupli-color grease and wax remover then painted it and I thanks it came out good. the more coats you put on it the darker it gets. Here the pics of before and afterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5891.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	40448Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0142.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	40449
    Randy AKA (Sparky)
    06 Z71 5.3L flex fuel
    6" fabTech lift
    LT315/70R17 BF All Terrain
    Pro Comp Series 1059 Wheels
    weather Tech rain shields
    Spectra air filter and air duct tube
    Cheap camo seat covers :lol:

I installed blackouts on my headlights and taillights. I went with the GTS smoke covers... I was worried about the driving and turn signals showing thru but they are still pretty bright thru the covers
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.