GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 112 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2390
  1. #1111
    Sr. Mechanic dadngt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Oh today I took my oldest son fishin at 6am, Didn't think he would be up for it that early but he was ready to go. Didn't catch anything but it was a great time. Came home he helped wash the truck.... or spray me with the hose. Replaced my SS door emblems with a proper RS emblem. I had the letter painted red but after seeing everyone going with black letters I thought why not, but of course me being different I masked off the outside edges & sprayed the black, now looks like I have a red glow behind the letters.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	40796
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

  2. #1112

    Default

    those look nice dude!

    Alex


    2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

    Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

  3. #1113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dadngt View Post
    Oh today I took my oldest son fishin at 6am, Didn't think he would be up for it that early but he was ready to go. Didn't catch anything but it was a great time. Came home he helped wash the truck.... or spray me with the hose. Replaced my SS door emblems with a proper RS emblem. I had the letter painted red but after seeing everyone going with black letters I thought why not, but of course me being different I masked off the outside edges & sprayed the black, now looks like I have a red glow behind the letters.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	40796
    Looking good Dadngt, I like your creativeness. Your not afraid of being different and I think it pays off. You make good mod chooses. Good job buddy.


    2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

    Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

    Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2



    You can't get away from the STORM!














  4. #1114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dadngt View Post
    Oh today I took my oldest son fishin at 6am, Didn't think he would be up for it that early but he was ready to go. Didn't catch anything but it was a great time. Came home he helped wash the truck.... or spray me with the hose. Replaced my SS door emblems with a proper RS emblem. I had the letter painted red but after seeing everyone going with black letters I thought why not, but of course me being different I masked off the outside edges & sprayed the black, now looks like I have a red glow behind the letters.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	40796
    Looking good Dadngt. I like your creativeness. Your not afraid to be different and I think it pays off. You make good mod chooses. Good job buddy.

  5. #1115

    Default

    On another not, I dropped my truck off today at Line-X. Getting the under the rail Line-X Premium sprayed in. About to order some Bushwacker OE bed rail caps. Now all I need is a BAKFlip F1 and some weather stripping to complete the water tight bed. Might try to swing some Belltech 2" drop shackles when I order the bed rails to give the truck the balance it needs.

  6. #1116

    Default

    Took her for a spin down main drag and got the tires wet for a short burnout
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

    "If He asks you to go a mile go two"

  7. #1117

    Default

    Today I drove to see (and hook up to) a trailer I was considering purchasing. I elected to pass because it had too many wiring issues and the guy wanted entirely too much for the trailer for the work I'd have to put into it to address rust and electrical problems (which I was willing to do -- if he were being reasonable, pricewise). In this process I learned that my 6" variable drop Rapid Hitch really needs to be 8" drop. Sadly the choices were 6" or 10", so I got the closest of what was available, but MEH.

  8. #1118

    Default

    Picked up my truck from Line-x today and bot does it look sweet. The premium linear is the way to go. Received my EGR in-channel window visors today. Waiting to give it a fresh wash before I put them on. Hopefully this weekend maybe tomorrow. Will post pics then.

  9. #1119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Today I drove to see (and hook up to) a trailer I was considering purchasing. I elected to pass because it had too many wiring issues and the guy wanted entirely too much for the trailer for the work I'd have to put into it to address rust and electrical problems (which I was willing to do -- if he were being reasonable, pricewise). In this process I learned that my 6" variable drop Rapid Hitch really needs to be 8" drop. Sadly the choices were 6" or 10", so I got the closest of what was available, but MEH.
    question for ya, if and when I put in the 3' blocks from ready lift, u spose ill need a mild drop hitch?

    not sure how high your bumper is off the ground compared to mine, or where mine will be, just curious.


    Alex

  10. #1120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    question for ya, if and when I put in the 3' blocks from ready lift, u spose ill need a mild drop hitch?

    not sure how high your bumper is off the ground compared to mine, or where mine will be, just curious.
    Probably. The inside, top of my receiver channel sits at 22" and a 6" drop is what was recommended by the manufacturer for that particular measurement. (The manufacturer sells 4", 6", and 10" drops...) I'm actually ok with a 6" drop ... but an 8" would be more level with the utility trailers I've been looking at.

Similar Threads

  1. I Seafoamed my truck today.
    By ZSI52 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 47
    Last: 09-03-2012, 01:32 PM
  2. Put the truck in the ditch today
    By pmf608 in forum Chevy Truck Talk & GM News
    Replies: 21
    Last: 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
  3. Truck died twice today...
    By texas99lb in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 10
    Last: 01-06-2010, 01:13 AM
  4. Truck in the shop today...
    By Delmarva in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 0
    Last: 11-11-2009, 11:39 AM
  5. truck over reved today?
    By etpn13 in forum GM Powertrain
    Replies: 2
    Last: 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •