GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 115 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2390

I purchased a Tekonsha Prodigy P3 brake controller, pulse preventer, 7-way trailer emulator, and wiring adapter for the P3 and my truck. I also took a long look at the cab as I want a clean mounting look -- instead of the ugly, tacked on mount job that most people do for brake controllers. I'm still thinking the location through and, ultimately, will need the unit in my hands to finalize it -- as the manual brake lever presents some interesting challenges; I may have to fabricate a longer one...

Just ordered Stainless Steel Nerf Bars, In channel Vent Visors and a Bug guard today.

Silicone'd the exterior trim pieces on either side of the windshield onto the windshield to stop them from "whapping" against the window at highway speed.

Solved the extremely annoying noise coming from my A-pillars.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Well, headed down to Fargo, ND this past weekend and had a 6" BDS Lift installed, got it with the new springs in the back and the premium Fox Shocks... I will hopefully have my RBP RX-3 Steps in by the end of the week to replace my stainless ones.... Having a hard time posting pics so will try and get some asap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck.jpg  

2010 Silverado LTZ Z71

6" BDS Lift, New springs and Fox Shocks
    Tinted Windows
    K & N Filter
    20" Fuel Off-Road Throttle Black/Machined
    33" x 12.5" x 20" Toyo Open Country M/T's
    Front and Back Bow ties Color Matched (Black Granite Metallic)
    Bushwhacker Pocket style Flares
    Weather Tech Window Visors & Floor Mats
    Blackbear Tune
    Bak Flip F1 Tonneau cover

To Do:
    Cold Air Intake
    Corsa Sport Exhaust

Picked up a 900lb heat exchanger from the airport for a customer.

Was surprised that the truck didn't actually look too 'sagged' in the back. Since I have the leveling kit up front I expected more sag.

Could sure feel it in the back though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heatextruck.jpg  

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

I bought a go rhino grille guard off craigslist for my '92. Now I've got to mount it up, only problem is the bolts on my tow hooks are stuck...
    -Abram

'76 Suburban Silverado 10 (Heavy half) 2wd

'92 Suburban Silverado 2500 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I purchased a Tekonsha Prodigy P3 brake controller, pulse preventer, 7-way trailer emulator, and wiring adapter for the P3 and my truck. I also took a long look at the cab as I want a clean mounting look -- instead of the ugly, tacked on mount job that most people do for brake controllers. I'm still thinking the location through and, ultimately, will need the unit in my hands to finalize it -- as the manual brake lever presents some interesting challenges; I may have to fabricate a longer one...
    I'm the same way as you with wanting everything to look factory. I put my P3 under the dash, as low as possible and as close to my center console as possible. The bracket is screwed to the bottom of the plastic knee bolster, where it curves under and faces the floor. It's not factory, but it doesnt look bad and I'm happy with it. Check my Avalanche Mod Thread for a picture of that.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

AbramJ, try soaking the bolts and nuts with PB Blaster two or three times a day for three days, then use a six point impact with a breaker bar, or use a cutoff tool, or angle grinder to cut them off. Drilling them out will be tough, and you will need titanium bits to cut high grade bolts.
    Brian L.

Brian Larson CST. KC9DAK.
    Janesville WI.
    87 GMC G20 6.2 diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I'm the same way as you with wanting everything to look factory. I put my P3 under the dash, as low as possible and as close to my center console as possible. The bracket is screwed to the bottom of the plastic knee bolster, where it curves under and faces the floor. It's not factory, but it doesnt look bad and I'm happy with it. Check my Avalanche Mod Thread for a picture of that.
    I want the manual brake lever within easy reach without having to adjust seating position and without having to look down or waste time feeling around for it, so I'll be looking for a different location.

As for what I've done to my truck, today: yesterday I received my matched spare wheel and today I had the full size spare mounted and balanced on it.

Worked some more on the under hood plastics.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-27_18-17-03_48.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	41116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-27_18-17-07_930.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	41117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-27_18-25-39_679.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	41118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-27_18-25-46_628.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	41119