GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 119 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2390

Welllllllll... After 6 weeks straight in the field, I finally took a few days off. Didn't get as much done as I would've liked to due to a couple of serious injuries to close family/ a friend and the loss of a coworker in a rollover, but one day I took the time to detail Truck Norris in/out, install a new deck, and got busy with a buffer for a few hours to try and get rid of the oxidation (or whatever it is) that seems to plague the side molding of these trucks and some scratches and oopsies as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-29_03-36-24_577.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	41456Early AM hours detailing.

Name:	2012-07-04_20-59-50_976.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	41457Not certain if you can see the difference from front/rear moldings due to lighting, but in person there's a major difference.

Name:	IMG_20120706_182938.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	41458Watching the new Sherlock Holmes movie on the new Kenwood deck!

Ordering nearly $1000 worth of goodies today for both trucks tonight!
    Including:
    McGaughy's 1" drop spring to fix the front drop on Truck Norris
    Beltech Street Performace shock set to fix the ride on Truck Norris
    Replacement grille, smoked cab lights (front and third light), MBRP 4" turbo-back exhaust and 3" intercooler pipe, and possibly (having a hard time finding the right ones for some reason if someone would please give input on where to find them) smoked headlamps/turn signal lamps for the 2001 HD.

Also spent lots of hours researching different parts and upgrades for Truck Norris so I can get everything tied together and finished on the exterior.

Fog Light Upgrade kit from GM: roughly $500 including ALL parts necessary
    Back-up Camera upgrade tailgate handle: Around $180 including wiring/camera
    White grille/chrome instert from GM: $280

...still looking for input regarding a decent hood for him. (HINT HINT!! )

Once all of these are done, he will be put in the body shop and everything (RST wing, roll pan, hood, upgraded side moldings, debadging, installation of SS and custom replica TRUCK NORRIS (along the bottom of tailgate) emblems will be installed as well as having dents/scratches fixed all around.

Last edited by 08_rado_rocker; 07-06-2012 at 07:48 PM.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    Welllllllll... After 6 weeks straight in the field, I finally took a few days off. Didn't get as much done as I would've liked to due to a couple of serious injuries to close family/ a friend and the loss of a coworker in a rollover, but one day I took the time to detail Truck Norris in/out, install a new deck, and got busy with a buffer for a few hours to try and get rid of the oxidation (or whatever it is) that seems to plague the side molding of these trucks and some scratches and oopsies as well.

Name:	2012-06-29_03-36-24_577.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	41456Early AM hours detailing.

Name:	2012-07-04_20-59-50_976.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	41457Not certain if you can see the difference from front/rear moldings due to lighting, but in person there's a major difference.

Name:	IMG_20120706_182938.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	41458Watching the new Sherlock Holmes movie on the new Kenwood deck!

Ordering nearly $1000 worth of goodies today for both trucks tonight!
    Including:
    McGaughy's 1" drop spring to fix the front drop on Truck Norris
    Beltech Street Performace shock set to fix the ride on Truck Norris
    Replacement grille, smoked cab lights (front and third light), MBRP 4" turbo-back exhaust and 3" intercooler pipe, and possibly (having a hard time finding the right ones for some reason if someone would please give input on where to find them) smoked headlamps/turn signal lamps for the 2001 HD.

Also spent lots of hours researching different parts and upgrades for Truck Norris so I can get everything tied together and finished on the exterior.

Fog Light Upgrade kit from GM: roughly $500 including ALL parts necessary
    Back-up Camera upgrade tailgate handle: Around $180 including wiring/camera
    White grille/chrome instert from GM: $280

...still looking for input regarding a decent hood for him. (HINT HINT!! )

Once all of these are done, he will be put in the body shop and everything (RST wing, roll pan, hood, upgraded side moldings, debadging, installation of SS and custom replica TRUCK NORRIS (along the bottom of tailgate) emblems will be installed as well as having dents/scratches fixed all around.

Sweet man. Nothing like having a vision coming together.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Forgot to mention that i found my output shaft seal to be leaking on my transmission (#*?%in 4l60e!).. so also drove him up onto some ramps backwards, pulled the driveshaft out and replaced it as well as added some HP grease into the yolk that causes the clunking known in the trucks. Also found that my u-joints are needing to be replaced soon, but the parts store was already closed so i was forced to push that aside for my next days off.

something i found odd as well... has anyone ever noticed how lightweight/finicky the stock driveshafts feel?! holy jeez! that thin-walled aluminum POS is gonna twist in half when it comes time to put the new motor in i think!

Tore out the carpet in the bed area of the Burb, kept catching on anything heavy I stuck in the back. Prefer how it looks much more now!
    Tim
    '89 Suburban 2500 4x4
    Silverado Model
    TBI 350/TH400

08_rado_rocker Truck looks great. My old Mustang was white with the rubber side molding trim on the door then wrapped arround the car in plastic & just the rubber pieces always stained up & looked dirty no matter how much I scrubbed, I found that a clorox magic eraser worked well but probably not the best tool to use. The stain came back later on. Think its just a plague for white automotive rubber trim. But I can tell a major difference from the from trim piece & the back. Good work.
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

I changed my Chevy symbol to a black one. Love how slick it looks.

Today I reinstalled my truck box, reloaded it, and reorganized the Du-Ha storage space. I also re-seated the low beam diode since I noticed that my fogs and low beams were not remaining on with my high beams, last night.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 07-07-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Well i was putting my rear drum brakes on and found that my old shoes had been digging into my backing plate. So now i have to order a new dang backing plate. And on top of that i am trying to figure out why my fuel guage is going crazy.

I wash and waxed my truck, windexed the windows, armor all ed the interior and tires fixed the hot start problem with tightening and relocating the grounded and heat blanket on the starter. Flushed and then replaced coolant. So I have clean mean classic Chevy that actually starts after being warmed up

Quote Originally Posted by jyocum39 View Post
    Well i was putting my rear drum brakes on and found that my old shoes had been digging into my backing plate. So now i have to order a new dang backing plate. And on top of that i am trying to figure out why my fuel guage is going crazy.
    I feel your pain on that one. The backing plates on my truck rusted out and the differential had to be opened to remove the axle shafts before the backing plates could be removed. I do suggest that you get your new backing plate from GM though. The ones I got from my local NAPA are crap and will need to be replaced again because they rattle.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck