GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 121 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2390

Today I picked up 19mm and 21mm box wrenches for use installing the Roadmaster Active Suspension kit. (I lacked these sizes; ugh!)

I also received and inspected the following parts for the truck:
    • New 2500HD instrument cluster lens
    • New 2500HD instrument cluster applique (overlay)
    • New white 7-gauge instrument cluster needles
    • New MCR stepper motors (qty 7)
    • EAD Performance installation kit for Tru-Cool 40k GVW Transmission Cooler

The upper and lower brackets in the EAD Performance kit had one side covered in an adhesive plastic that had to be removed, so I removed this and then used MEK to make sure no adhesive was left on the metal. As these are unpainted aluminum I made a mental note to pick up some prep and paint materials later, today.

Tried to start her up and she didn't want to. So, now I get to figure out whats wrong with it.

This evening I prepped the brackets from the EAD Performance kit for painting and then painted them with flat black, high heat primer. They are drying, now, and tomorrow I plan to bake and then cool them at intervals to cure the high heat paint.

I also scored the following on Craigslist for a VERY reasonable (single) price: a 34" radiator from a 2005 Silverado; electric fans & fan shroud from a 2005 Silverado, and an OEM efan wiring harness from a 2005 Silverado. I have to pick them up Wednesday and it'll be a 3hr round trip drive. The seller was going to do an efan conversion to his 2002 Silvy but the tune was prohibitively expensive, so he's unloading the parts he pulled from a yard.

This guy's apparently got a 7" RC lift on his truck and has done some mods. I might see if he'll join us, here. He's military, so he might not be terribly active due to deployments. We'll see...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 07-16-2012 at 08:48 PM.

I took apart my hole dash trying to find the source of an annoying racket.. A screw came undone! Fixed it and now complete! (underneath the passenger side a screw had fallen and vibrated with every movement, nothing major)
    @SurrealOne it is all up to you to get him on this forum, we're counting on you!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Put some black reflective VORTEC decals on the hood as well as a flat black decal over the steering wheel bowtie. That was the last gold bowtie on the truck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0412.jpg   DSC_0411.jpg  

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Quote Originally Posted by UpsetProps View Post
    Put some black reflective VORTEC decals on the hood as well as a flat black decal over the steering wheel bowtie. That was the last gold bowtie on the truck
    I like the steering wheel bowtie Did you find a matched size or have to cut it out? I'm wanting to match my grille bowtie black with red border think I may have to layer the 2 colors of vinyl need to talk to the decal shop about it.
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

Quote Originally Posted by dadngt View Post
    I like the steering wheel bowtie Did you find a matched size or have to cut it out? I'm wanting to match my grille bowtie black with red border think I may have to layer the 2 colors of vinyl need to talk to the decal shop about it.
    I got my decals from here: http://www.reflectiveconcepts.com/

They were pre-cut to size. Website has lots of color options. Shipping took about 7 days on USPS to Canada, which is not too bad.

That definitely looks better than the OEM gold. I wonder how the decals will hold up...

I disconnected the rain sense wipers (well, I didn't do it today, but others might want to know it can be done).

I'm not a big fan of the truck telling me when I need (or don't need) the wipers.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    I disconnected the rain sense wipers (well, I didn't do it today, but others might want to know it can be done).

I'm not a big fan of the truck telling me when I need (or don't need) the wipers.
    I wish I had rain-sensing wipers; I miss them. I wonder if they can be retrofitted. Hrm, now there's a mod thought...