GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 122 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2390

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I wish I had rain-sensing wipers; I miss them. ..
    They work good on my wife's car; but with the truck, I could never get the sensitivity right.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    They work good on my wife's car; but with the truck, I could never get the sensitivity right.
    They were flawless on my 300C SRT8. I wonder how they sense rain...

I wish I had rain-sensing wipers; I miss them. I wonder if they can be retrofitted. Hrm, now there's a mod thought...
    The factory setup wouldn't work due to changes in electrical before GM started to offer them, but I looked into this a while back and I know there is an aftermarket kit that can be wired in. I've thought about getting it, but other mods have taken priority for now.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    The factory setup wouldn't work due to changes in electrical before GM started to offer them, but I looked into this a while back and I know there is an aftermarket kit that can be wired in. I've thought about getting it, but other mods have taken priority for now.
    PM me a link to it or some thread to pull on it so I don't duplicate your search effort? I'd like to dig around a little...

This morning I drove ~180 miles (round trip) to pick up a radiator, efans, and partial wiring harness that were all pulled from a 2005 Silverado; the price was fair and it spared me from having to locate one in a yard, drive to the yard, pull the items, and drive home. I also got to shoot the breeze with a fellow GMC owner (his was a 7" lifted 2002), which is always pleasant. Maybe he'll find his way here...

. I wonder how they sense rain...
    The module on the windshield glass, uses a LED light beam, the beam is set to an angle and when dry, the beam reflects to a light sensor, when the glass gets wet, the beam distorts.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

That definitely looks better than the OEM gold. I wonder how the decals will hold up...
    The website claims 7-10 years on the reflective ones and 6-8 on the standard decals like on my wheel. That part of the wheel really doesn't see much abuse or physical contact so I hope they last a while!

Quality seemed good when I received them.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

I'm ordering mine tonight or tomorrow, I saw the picture you posted and fell in love! Plus it's a cheap mod but it changes the look for the better!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

This afternoon I ordered an efan harness from BlackBear Performance. Then, later this evening I got together with @aloxdaddy99 and we installed my Roadmaster Active Suspension kit onto my truck. Alox did the bulk of the heavy stuff while I photo-documented. It was a little weird watching someone else from the forum turn a wrench on my truck...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10_RAS_Coilspring_Tensioning.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	42028

A full write-up with pics will follow as soon as I get the time and energy. MUCH thanks to Alox, as I didn't have the means to unload my springs and he provided that and much more than I ever expected or requested in terms of assistance!
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 07-18-2012 at 09:57 PM.

PM me a link to it or some thread to pull on it so I don't duplicate your search effort? I'd like to dig around a little...
    Here you go. Only $90, and their site has specific installation instructions for our generation of truck - right down to the wire colours.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck