GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 124 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2390

Next thing to be done will be to replace black door handles with white color mached ones already on the way and install my HID in the low beam and fog lights

Today I added the transmission temp gauge, new overlay, and white needles. The result? No luck. So, it looks like my instrument cluster is NOT programmed to read the tranny temp. I'm researching possible next steps. On the plus side I finished painting the new transmission cooler.

Sr. Engineer

Changed the water pump the other day. I used to want and really missed having a project vehicle until I came to the realization that I already do and I just changed the water pump in it! It's a 2000 Yukon and looks like it rolled off the showroom floor last month. Just rockin stock keeps me plenty occupied.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

Today I put a small house note worth of gas into her. Then after the rain somewhat let up, I fixed the mounts for the bug shield...thats about it

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Replaced the Tailgate handle bezel. Took longer to take it out of the package. Was going to buy a genuine GM part (@$30) but figured that's what broke in the first place. Went with an aftermarket Amazon.com part for $4.95 shipped. Thing is solid, looks great and I couldn't be happier.
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)

Washed the Phantom again today and tried a new product from turtle wax. Its a wet tire look in a rattle can that so far I am impressed with the ease of application and look. Was about $13 and I used almost the whole can for my big tires. Says it will last for a few months and withstand rain and car washes after curing for a few days. Says not to drive in the first hour after application. I will post a pic and a review after a couple weeks of use.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Replaced the Tailgate handle bezel. Took longer to take it out of the package. Was going to buy a genuine GM part (@$30) but figured that's what broke in the first place. Went with an aftermarket Amazon.com part for $4.95 shipped. Thing is solid, looks great and I couldn't be happier.
    Got a link to the aftermarket part?

Filled her up and wash her real good. Then took a cruise to the truck show. A few more mods and I wouldn't mind entering a few shows myself.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

I raced a Blazer.. And won ;)
    My name is Lexi:)
    I have a 2001 Silverado
    for haulin' to rodeos to barrel race!
    Bigger and Faster is better!
    **TRUCK YEAHH!!**

Jr. Apprentice

This WEEK, we had a bath, changed U-bolts and plates and added a relay switch for the offroad lights. I hope to do a Herculiner splash and fender coat in the next couple weeks...maybe look at shocks.
    Shane Byrne
    SGT, US Army (Ret.)
    Head Coach, Missouri S&T Rugby
    1995 GMC K1500