GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 129 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2390

Got my intune set up in my truck now gotta figure out how to tweak the little stuff
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Well today around (0700) I'm gonna take EVERYTHING out and give her a cleaning. Seats, carpet, dash pieces, door and other panels are coming out for ALOT of cleaning and I might have some help from K

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by b-radical View Post
    Changed the alternator back to stock hoping to eliminate a whining engine. Didn't work so I took it to a shop where I recently had the transmission done and they said it was the idler pully. I bought the assembly and the pully by itself, just in case. Got the pully off the mount and installed the new pully and put the HD alternator back on. Returned pully assembly, test drove , laid rubber, parked it.
    I had this problem last year too. Thought it was my alt because I was having electrical issues too. After 3 alts and lots of annoying squeeking I found it was a shorted wire for the charging problem. And the squealing was a tensioner pulley.
    Long story short.....I replaced the pulley and wound up having to replace the rest later because they were going bad as well. So I'd replace the rest while you're there and save the later headaches.

Ordered more Putco 914 LED's for my truck, mainly interior lights. ( under dash, glove box, ashe tray, etc), bought from Amazon instead of locally to try and save some money.

Wow you will have a regular night life pick 'em up
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Got my Diablosport Trinity today.....was super excited to try it out.

Wanted to pop on the 87 octane tune to see what kind of performance boost it gave, then I planned to load the MPG booster tune for my road trip which is going to take most of August.

As soon as I was able to load the 87 octane tune the cable that connects to the bottom of the unit from the OBDII port broke and fell out.

Looks like I am stuck with the 87 octane tune for my roadtrip now.......so much for saving gas. I just hope when I get home and get a new connector in the mail that solves the problem and it is not the internal side of the connection as well. Since some of the connector pins in the unit look bent as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FxCam_1343795018642.jpg  

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

I noticed that my rear diff was leaking pretty badly this afternoon. I stopped by the Napa near my jobsite and picked up some gear oil to top up until I could get home. It was down by over a quart. Then once I got home (without too many nasty sounds from the diff) I pulled the cover, scraped the gasket and used silicone to make a new gasket. Once it sets in a while, I'll go out and tighten all the bolts a bit more and refill it.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

More LED's for the inside of the truck have shipped.... should have them by friday for installation.

Bought new rotors all the way around and new E-Brake shoes to install on the rear wheels. Should be doing that Saturday afternoon and my replacement bumper sits in the garage rusting away cause it is a pain in the ....... to put together.....

Looking to pick up 15 meters of weatherproof LED strips to wire at various places around the interior and exterior of the truck with dimmers and maybe go with color changing strips instead of straight 6000k white.

Looked up information to install a CD player and am about to go paint the radiator support!

Picking up blue led conversion kit for my dash cluster tomorrow but leaving the needles orange.... Blue and orange go together well