GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 131 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2390
    Sr. Apprentice

I spent the week trying to fix the transmission in my 86 Suburban. I pulled the tranny out of a 88 Caprice and swapped tail shafts with the one from my 4wd. What a pain! Now I am waiting on a transmission jack to put everything back in. Wish me luck guys.

So to total everything that happened today....

Installed the OEM replacement third brake light with the Putco LED's in it. only issue I ran into is that even though the bulbs are 914/921's the LED's are polarized and even though they fit both ways, they have to be installed one way.

I have also converted all the interior bulbs to LED's to. (Dome, Map, Glove box, floor lights, ashe tray and doors).

lastly I converted the bulbs in the console/cluster to Blue LED's. They actually look purple until about 8pm then as it gets darker outside, the seem to change to blue.... must be an optical illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    So to total everything that happened today....

Installed the OEM replacement third brake light with the Putco LED's in it. only issue I ran into is that even though the bulbs are 914/921's the LED's are polarized and even though they fit both ways, they have to be installed one way.

I have also converted all the interior bulbs to LED's to. (Dome, Map, Glove box, floor lights, ashe tray and doors).

lastly I converted the bulbs in the console/cluster to Blue LED's. They actually look purple until about 8pm then as it gets darker outside, the seem to change to blue.... must be an optical illusion.
    There is a light in the ash tray? HMM...interesting.

Anyway, I'll likely put about 40 miles on her to go eat lunch with my dad, then unless K gets sicker with her strep throat (its terrible) I'll pull the interior guts out and clean UNDER the carpet..

But first I'm gonna poop 850$ for her new/remanned transfer case that I'll probably order tomorrow.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Completed the air compressor install!! No pics yet but will post some soon.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Completed the air compressor install!! No pics yet but will post some soon.
    Creating suspense? Lol

It's probably tough to take pics at night or in poor shop-lighting conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    There is a light in the ash tray? HMM...interesting.

Anyway, I'll likely put about 40 miles on her to go eat lunch with my dad, then unless K gets sicker with her strep throat (its terrible) I'll pull the interior guts out and clean UNDER the carpet..

But first I'm gonna poop 850$ for her new/remanned transfer case that I'll probably order tomorrow.
    Yep.... Apparently there is a 914 wedge base bulb above the ashe tray in 1999-2003 NBS trucks, I don't know about earlier or newer models, but mine has one.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Yep.... Apparently there is a 914 wedge base bulb above the ashe tray in 1999-2003 NBS trucks, I don't know about earlier or newer models, but mine has one.
    Hm sounds like something I should check into...

Replaced my headlights today, I don't know why but the grill would not come off! I've done it before it was just not playing nice this time.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Today I loaded a new custom tune onto the truck that enables electric fan control via the PCB. Sadly it'll be a few more weeks before I can do the radiator and fan removal/replacement...