GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 133 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2390

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Finally got some pics of the compressor mounted. Can't really see it which was what I was going for!
    I would love to do that, but I want it to drive an air horn so I need space for a 2 gallon air tank as well, but I have dual batteries so all my space is taken.

Hauled some flat pack furniture, local custom kitchen shop made us a couple of closets for our younger daughter's room.

Transporting stuff was the fun part, rest of the day I played Bob the Builder putting them together and instaling in place. Job is now finished and its time for a couple of Brooklyn Ales, sauna and 'haps I'll light up a Partagas #2 to go with Evan Williams single barrel whilst cooling in back deck and waiting for dinner.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I unplugged my low beam headlights so I could run my truck at night to warm it up without the automatic lights blinding my camping neighbors. Now I'm laying on an air mattress in my avalanche tent. I just heard a guy walk sat and make a comment that having a tent in the back of my truck is a good idea
    Couldn't you have just turned the light switch to the left after starting the truck?

Wash and vacuum. Currently Red Dust is looking very pleased with himself parked next to a dusty 156 Well, I just might to wash that one as well before the day is over.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I was fed up with my front rotors and decided I was not going to work on them 2 days in a row, so I went to the shop I purchased the tires at that are on the truck now, they charged me 1 hour of labor and it took some PB and 5 minutes with an air hammer tapping each rotor to get them to come off.

Now I have brand new brakes all the way around and will be looking at an air hammer to add to my tools because I might need it to get my front wheel hub off when I am ready to tackle that project.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    I was fed up with my front rotors and decided I was not going to work on them 2 days in a row, so I went to the shop I purchased the tires at that are on the truck now, they charged me 1 hour of labor and it took some PB and 5 minutes with an air hammer tapping each rotor to get them to come off.

Now I have brand new brakes all the way around and will be looking at an air hammer to add to my tools because I might need it to get my front wheel hub off when I am ready to tackle that project.
    You need an air hammer to do the hubs. I wouldn't even want to attempt to try it without one.

I just finished washing and waxing the truck. I was going to do the Traverse next but the wife just drove off with that. So I guess that will wait for later or she can drive around in a dirty vehicle for a week.
    Last edited by Hidef; 08-05-2012 at 10:24 AM.

2012 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 with the Special Edition and the Chrome Accessory Packages.
    2011 Chevy Traverse LS with the Towing Package.
    2000 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 Extended Cab Z71 (Retired)

Installed some mods that have been sitting around.

I'm still not sure about the headlights? Thoughts?

As far as the steering wheel emblem I love it, makes a difference and that was also the last gold emblem on the truck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-449392727.jpg   image-753301872.jpg   image-4010139020.jpg   image-2966216816.jpg   image-3001768441.jpg  

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Well I drove amost 600 miles this weekend heading down and back to the All Truck Nationals down in Carlisle, PA. What an awesome show!!! I even took 1st place for 2007+ for best in show. cool little plaque for an award. Ordered my gears for front and rear while I was there. They convinced me to go with the 4.56 gearing. 4 Wheel parts got my order and convinced me that I would not be happy with the 4.10's. So That will be my next mod in the next couple weeks. Went with G2 gears and the salesman told me they come with a 10 year warranty. Hopefully I will never need it. Anyways A little disappointed there was no representation considered at this Huge!! Truck show for our club.?.? Saw a lot of other clubs there??? Well anyway I will save that conversation for another time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carilisle award.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	42594

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Well I drove amost 600 miles this weekend heading down and back to the All Truck Nationals down in Carlisle, PA. What an awesome show!!! I even took 1st place for 2007+ for best in show. cool little plaque for an award. Ordered my gears for front and rear while I was there. They convinced me to go with the 4.56 gearing. 4 Wheel parts got my order and convinced me that I would not be happy with the 4.10's. So That will be my next mod in the next couple weeks. Went with G2 gears and the salesman told me they come with a 10 year warranty. Hopefully I will never need it. Anyways A little disappointed there was no representation considered at this Huge!! Truck show for our club.?.? Saw a lot of other clubs there??? Well anyway I will save that conversation for another time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carilisle award.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	42594

Maybe I can go next year.... but I would not qualify for anything with the body work my truck needs.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Maybe I can go next year.... but I would not qualify for anything with the body work my truck needs.
    Going is more than half the fun.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"